Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! (/Thread-Study-com-Quiz-grading-policy-unclear-and-needs-to-be-changed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - cookderosa - 01-17-2017

Deal breaker. Every regionally accredited college course is held to a rubric grading system that is disclosed to the student in the course syllabus on day 1 and that the instructor must follow. There are no guessing games. It's not being petty - it's a minimum level of expectation.

I wouldn't give Study.com a penny.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - Zachcleigh - 01-17-2017

I didn't even realize you only got 3 attempts. Thought you were allowed unlimited tries.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - jsd - 01-17-2017

Zachcleigh Wrote:I didn't even realize you only got 3 attempts. Thought you were allowed unlimited tries.

That's the change that was made on 1/10 that were discussing

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - strawberryxfuzz - 01-18-2017

I legit just wanna hurry up and get my UL credits finished so I can be done with this before they make anymore sudden changes. All I'm getting is a headache out of it.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - Synicaal - 01-18-2017

I wouldn't be to sure about that 1/10 100% participation credit being given. I took my Macroeconomics course and finished everything but the test prior to 1/10 so In theory I should have had the full 50 points from it. I got a 69 on the final so I should have had a total of 119 points. Now 119/150 = 79.33%. My dashboard is only giving me a 76% for the course. No I guess when they reviewed my test I could have lost some points but I don't see how. Honestly don't really care about this for this course I was just happy to get it over with. I am not a fan of Economics at all and they are both done thankfully. Just though I would toss this out there.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - gremlinbrawler - 01-18-2017

cookderosa Wrote:Deal breaker. Every regionally accredited college course is held to a rubric grading system that is disclosed to the student in the course syllabus on day 1 and that the instructor must follow. There are no guessing games. It's not being petty - it's a minimum level of expectation.

I wouldn't give Study.com a penny.

I agree, I think the right thing for study.com to do would be to at the very least post-pone this change for a month or so for all the current courses, that way people can finish what they already started the way they expected it to be when they payed and started on day 1. If ACE is making them do the change for the new courses then fine but don't immediately make it apply to the old courses that people have already started. I don't think they are going to do this though, it sounds like they are saying "deal with it"

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - AJ_Atlanta - 01-18-2017

gremlinbrawler Wrote:I agree, I think the right thing for study.com to do would be to at the very least post-pone this change for a month or so for all the current courses, that way people can finish what they already started the way they expected it to be when they payed and started on day 1. If ACE is making them do the change for the new courses then fine but don't immediately make it apply to the old courses that people have already started. I don't think they are going to do this though, it sounds like they are saying "deal with it"

ACE accredits a program for a specified term, they don't make changes mid stream unless it's to revoke a program that is somehow violating the original terms. This is a Study.com change. That isn't to say I couldn't see it being "required" on the next ACE renewal, they have been increasing their stringency requirements and it could be precautionary, but a delay is in order. They clearly were not ready, don't have the tools (like the ability to see your grade) and didn't communicate it well.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - jsd - 01-18-2017

It is pretty bizarre. If you bought your membership on 1/9, then the requirements were changed on 1/10, then they have essentially changed the terms of your contract with them without notice. I'm a big fan of Study.com, but this is pretty egregious. It was also completely avoidable had Study.com.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - Study.com - 01-18-2017

gremlinbrawler Wrote:Study.com - Thanks for the feedback. So what if we attempted a quiz before 1/10/17 and got less than 100%? Say 40%. Will the system remember that we took it before and allow us to take it three additional times?

Since you completed the quiz before 1/10/17, we have given you a 100% grade for that quiz. So there is no need to take it additional times for it to count toward your grade.

-The Study.com Team

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - gremlinbrawler - 01-18-2017

Study.com Wrote:Since you completed the quiz before 1/10/17, we have given you a 100% grade for that quiz. So there is no need to take it additional times for it to count toward your grade.

-The Study.com Team

So any quiz that I took before 1/10/17 should show up as 100%?