Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! (/Thread-Study-com-Quiz-grading-policy-unclear-and-needs-to-be-changed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - rlw74 - 01-23-2017

I put a ticket in to study.com last week and haven't heard back yet. I have a similar situation. I should have 49.5 points based on the quizzes. I know my score on the test. But my dashboard isn't showing any credit for the quizzes - only what I scored on the test. My course was added and approved on ACE but still, I didn't get an email and the score isn't correct. I know I passed so I'm not worried about that. But what happens if I was borderline on a test and they didn't give me credit for the quizzes or only partial credit? So far in the next course I'm on, I'm making sure I get 100% on the quizzes and I'll be taking a test this week. So I'll see what happens. Maybe it is because I started the course on 1/9 and they made the changes on 1/10. Or maybe they are just going to adjust the scores after a while.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - Study.com - 01-23-2017

Hello-

When we implemented the new grading policy, we did experience issues with some member accounts regarding how quiz scores were being calculated into the final grade. Your comments helped us catch the issue, so thank you!! We are going back to update any old scores that were incorrect.

Based on our records, we are not aware of anyone failing a course because of this issue. However, if you believe you have the wrong score, please send our support team a ticket. We want to clear up any and all inaccuracies with grading.

Thank you again for your feedback,
The Study.com Team

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - gremlinbrawler - 01-23-2017

Study.com Wrote:Hello-

When we implemented the new grading policy, we did experience issues with some member accounts regarding how quiz scores were being calculated into the final grade. Your comments helped us catch the issue, so thank you!! We are going back to update any old scores that were incorrect.

Based on our records, we are not aware of anyone failing a course because of this issue. However, if you believe you have the wrong score, please send our support team a ticket. We want to clear up any and all inaccuracies with grading.

Thank you again for your feedback,
The Study.com Team

Thanks for answering, just one more question. On an earlier post you seemed to be saying that any quiz taken before 1/10/17 will be given a score of 100% even if we got less - 40% was the example I used. This isn't showing up on my account yet so I just wanted to confirm that this is the policy.

Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - Study.com - 01-23-2017

gremlinbrawler Wrote:Thanks for answering, just one more question. On an earlier post you seemed to be saying that any quiz taken before 1/10/17 will be given a score of 100% even if we got less - 40% was the example I used. This isn't showing up on my account yet so I just wanted to confirm that this is the policy.

Hi gremlinbrawler-

Yes, the policy is that any quiz before 1/10 will be given a score of 100%. Please contact customer support if you are seeing any discrepancies in how your score/grade is being calculated. We'll take care of it right away!

Best,
The Study.com Team