Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester (/Thread-Is-it-possible-to-complete-85-hours-of-coursework-in-a-semester)

Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester - cegbule - 01-16-2017

Just got admitted to Texas A&M commerce competency degree program. Was wondering, if anyone could give me advice on how the courses work, i read about someone doing 55 credit hours in 3.5 months.Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework toward Baas organizational leadership At Texas A&M commerce degree in one semester.

Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester - videogamesrock - 01-16-2017

I don't know much about the school even if it is competency based that is a ton of coursework in that period of time. You might be better off doing ACE recommended exams and go for one of the Big 3 if you need that many credits quick.

Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester - OakLakeNC - 01-16-2017

That is basically the equivalent of finishing one class every three or four days. Are you starting from scratch or do you already know a lot about the field?

Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester - cegbule - 01-16-2017

OakLakeNC Wrote:That is basically the equivalent of finishing one class every three or four days. Are you starting from scratch or do you already know a lot about the field?

yes, i had 23 credit transferred in, i was reading a forum in reddit, came across a guy that finished 55 credits in 3.5 months, it is a subscription based school model.

Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester - OakLakeNC - 01-16-2017

I mean are you starting from scratch as far as experience and knowledge in the area that is covered in the 85 credits? Are you actually going to need to study and completely read the material?

Honestly, no, I think you need to plan at least two or three semesters. If you get stuck on a difficult class it is going to mess your whole schedule up. Plus it will be really stressful.

yes, i am, i just want to able to finish in one year and not spend too much on it.

One year is more realistic than one semester though. I guess it just depends on the difficulty of the work.

i have gone through the curriculum, if it's mostly proctored exam, i will be able to finish much faster.

Is it possible to complete 85 hours of coursework in a semester - Synicaal - 01-17-2017

I completed 54 credits in one term using traditional school and CLEP/ACE combinations. So far I hit 79 credits in about 7months or so.