Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com grading? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com grading? (/Thread-Study-com-grading)

Study.com grading? - rlw74 - 01-19-2017

I took the Personal Finance exam on Monday. It was approved within a day on my ACE transcript but I never received an email from study.com. On my dashboard it shows my test score but its just the percentage I scored on the test - not including the points from the quiz. So when do I get my final grade? Does it get updated on the dashboard?

Study.com grading? - AJ_Atlanta - 01-19-2017

Mine was updated within 24hrs - but to be honest I didn't really care, a %72 or a %92 all get reported the same.

Study.com grading? - rlw74 - 01-20-2017

I've just heard of people on this forum having issues. My understanding is, until you get the email it isn't "official" and just because ACE puts it on their transcript doesn't mean it was actually approved. Someone on here got three courses in, had them on their ACE transcript and then they were taken away because of a glitch with the proctoring. I just want to be sure I don't end up in a similar situation. I'm getting ready to take my next exam next week and then will start right into my next course.

Study.com grading? - Mamasaphire - 01-20-2017

rlw74 Wrote:I've just heard of people on this forum having issues. My understanding is, until you get the email it isn't "official" and just because ACE puts it on their transcript doesn't mean it was actually approved. Someone on here got three courses in, had them on their ACE transcript and then they were taken away because of a glitch with the proctoring. I just want to be sure I don't end up in a similar situation. I'm getting ready to take my next exam next week and then will start right into my next course.

If you see your completed course on your ACE transcript and are concerned it might not "stay", why not pay the $15 for peace of mind and have the ACE transcript sent immediately to TESU?

Study.com grading? - rowan555 - 01-20-2017

My son completing 5 courses on Study and never once received an email with his final grade. When it showed up as complete on his dashboard, he sent it to ACE.

Study.com grading? - rlw74 - 01-25-2017

Well, I heard back from study.com. They confirmed that the grade on the dashboard was my testing grade and did not include the quiz grade - yet. They said it should update and they confirmed to me my overall grade. So, I guess in the future if you see a score on your dashboard and say, it's borderline, don't panic because it won't include your quiz score initially. In my case, the test alone was a pass so I wasnt worried about it. I was just worried I wasn't getting credit for the quizzes.

Study.com grading? - Synicaal - 01-25-2017

rowan555 Wrote:My son completing 5 courses on Study and never once received an email with his final grade. When it showed up as complete on his dashboard, he sent it to ACE.

I request ACE same day I pass the final, so far except for one request seemed to make the approval much quicker. To give an Idea:

I took final for Personal Finance - took about 9days to get the pass on my dashboard. Requested ACE got approved in 2 days.
I took final for Principles of Finance - requested ACE same day, got approval for ACE and dashboard updated in 2 days.

Only had that one test around the holidays that took longer then that but it usually took about 2 days after ACE request doing it that way.