Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (/Thread-CLEP-College-Mathematics-vs-TECEP-Applied-Liberal-Arts-Mathematics)

CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - Synicaal - 03-01-2017

Hello All,

Looking for some quick feedback on these two test. I have decided I am going to take one or the other. I am leaning towards the Applied Liberal Arts Math one because It is testable by proctoru and my local testing center is doing 1 date each MONTH right now. However, my dilemma here is I can probably walk into the College Math CLEP right now and be done with it. I may have to brush up on a topic or two but I checked sample questions and its some pretty simple stuff. So I feel prep wise College Math CLEP is the way to go. I did some of the sample questions for the TECEP and had to skip a few of the questions because I had no clue what it was talking about so there would definitely be a week or so prep time. Curious if anyone had any experience with either of these that is willing to chime in and give me some input. Cost wise doesn't matter they would both be 100% reimbursable. I just need to tell my job which I am taking. I made the call today to the academic office because I though I decided but they didn't answer so I am waiting for them to call me back to give them my list for this half of 2017 (much easier to give them all in one shot then to call for each one) Right now I have 4 I am set on, they are all required, but I am deciding between College Math CLEP and TECEP Liberal Arts Math.

Note: This is to fulfill 3 Gen Ed credits only, I have all my Math stuff done. I figure the extra three credits will just go in other, or will supplement if for some reason I don't pass the A & I Lit CLEP on Saturday.

We need to get CLEP to start doing there test VIA ProctorU or something how great would that be!!

CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - Synicaal - 03-01-2017

Disregard this Post. My job/union doesn't have funding this year yet for reimbursements so right now the TECEP is in because it comes out cheaper when I factor in Gas lol.

CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - dfrecore - 03-01-2017

If you took ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, you can easily pass the TECEP. I got a 90% on that one, it was by far the easiest TECEP I've taken out of 5. Nothing higher than Int Algebra on there. Some consumer math stuff (percentages, averages, metric system), all very simple. I didn't even study for it (besides taking ALEKS Int Algebra, but I wasn't studying for it).

CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - Synicaal - 03-02-2017

Thanks dfecore, I think Applied Liberal Arts Math is going to win out mainly due to the convenience factor. However, I am going to wait to see how I do on my A & I Lit CLEP Saturday morning before signing up for it. If for some reason I can't squeak out a 50+ I will have to take the College Math CLEP to replace lost Gen Ed and then take something else to fill in Info Lit area.

CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - cookderosa - 03-02-2017

As far as I know, no one here has reported back on the new DSST.