Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Free DSST Retake - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Military Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Military-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Free DSST Retake (/Thread-Free-DSST-Retake)

Free DSST Retake - jmeitrem - 03-08-2017

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just saw it on the DSST Facebook page.

"Starting March 13, military service member students who haven’t passed their first DSST exam will be eligible for one FREE retake!
Until then, we have several practice exams available online."

Free DSST Retake - tsimmns - 03-09-2017

I wonder how long this promotion will last? I also wonder if it's only for test not passed before March 13 or any test also taken after that time.

Free DSST Retake - BealeAFB23 - 03-19-2017

Lasting until 30 April with the voucher being good through 30 June. Retake period dropped from 90 days to 30. Not valid for tests taken before 13 March unfortunately.

Free DSST Retake - Zachcleigh - 03-21-2017

slightly confused.... So if we failed an exam before march 13 we can't retake it.
If we take one now and fail it, then we can retake it until April 30?

This would be good. I haven't taken DSST principles of finance yet, but the test expires on the 31 of march. If I'm understanding correctly, I could take this test on say march 28 and if I fail be able to retake it before march 31.

Free DSST Retake - BealeAFB23 - 03-22-2017

Zachcleigh Wrote:slightly confused.... So if we failed an exam before march 13 we can't retake it.
If we take one now and fail it, then we can retake it until April 30?

This would be good. I haven't taken DSST principles of finance yet, but the test expires on the 31 of march. If I'm understanding correctly, I could take this test on say march 28 and if I fail be able to retake it before march 31.

You can retest 30 days after any failure that occurred on 13 March and onward with the voucher. WHat do you mean the test expires?

Free DSST Retake - Zachcleigh - 03-22-2017

On tesus website they show that 3/31/2017 the principles of finance exam expires and has to be reapproved.

Free DSST Retake - dfrecore - 03-22-2017

BealeAFB23 Wrote:You can retest 30 days after any failure that occurred on 13 March and onward with the voucher. WHat do you mean the test expires?

At this point in time, the ACE-recommendation expires on 3/31/17. Usually, they post it on the website that they are discontinuing an exam if they don't plan on offering it, and they haven't, so you can probably assume that they will renew, and it will just take a few weeks before they show it as continuing for another 3 years or so.

I personally wouldn't take it after 3/31, until you see the renewal pop up. If you want to take it after 3/31, I would do the Study.com course, or Davar, or Penn Foster.