Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share (/Thread-WGU-MBA-MSML-Progress-Share)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 08-11-2017

Received two cool updates this week:

1. StraighterLine reached out asking for time to sit for an interview on a new book called 'Free-Range Learning in the Digital World'. Seems that the author has some relationship with the CEO of StraighterLine and they would like to include a piece of my time with StraighterLine and a closing update with WGU. We are reviewing the details on Monday and if worth sharing, I will circle back with additional information.

2. WGU shared I was in the running for being a student speaker for commencement. The next event is in Texas/September and due to my completion date, it does not look like that one will be an option. There are Indiana/Oct & three options in 2018 (Florida/Seattle/Las Vegas). If I was able to secure Texas, it would be an easy decision to swing the family down for a pretty cool moment. Indiana does not seem like a real option and once 2018 comes around, I might be focused on other projects overseas. However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - jessikalauren - 08-11-2017

(08-11-2017, 05:37 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

I am aiming for Vegas and it would be the coolest thing ever to hear you speak, since I learned so much from your posts on this board. Juuuust my two cents Big Grin

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 08-11-2017

(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 05:37 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

I am aiming for Vegas and it would be the coolest thing ever to hear you speak, since I learned so much from your posts on this board. Juuuust my two cents Big Grin

That's a  nice post to read - Thank you!!! Vegas is high on the list for sure and would be an easy 4-hour drive up from Laguna. Might even be able to bring some good screamers to keep the energy high in the building Wink

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - jessikalauren - 08-12-2017

(08-11-2017, 10:18 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote:

That's a  nice post to read - Thank you!!! Vegas is high on the list for sure and would be an easy 4-hour drive up from Laguna. Might even be able to bring some good screamers to keep the energy high in the building Wink

I love it! We go frequently because flights from Oakland are cheap. And it would be one hell of a graduation party!

The timing is a factor for me because I *might* be able to walk for both my BS and masters (leaning toward MSML) by then. I may need more advice from you because my term wouldn't start until Feb 1st, but from reading your thread and others, it seems perfectly reasonable to complete all but the capstone in four months, right? I believe I just have to be in progress on my last course to apply for commencement.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 08-12-2017

(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote: I love it! We go frequently because flights from Oakland are cheap. And it would be one hell of a graduation party!

The timing is a factor for me because I *might* be able to walk for both my BS and masters (leaning toward MSML) by then. I may need more advice from you because my term wouldn't start until Feb 1st, but from reading your thread and others, it seems perfectly reasonable to complete all but the capstone in four months, right? I believe I just have to be in progress on my last course to apply for commencement.

That's an awesome goal and I am a fan of 'anything is possible'. December 2015, I had 15 credits earned in 2013 from ALEKS & by March 31st, 2016, I received the TESU confirmation email on completion for my BSBA. Feel bad that I did not write more about that journey but my head was down too much in the books to document it. The crazy thing is now it's just one big blur and outside of my ACE Credit account, I would not even be able to put the dates together.

Now if I can just get a handle on how to complete a Doctorate with the same efficiency, all will be grand in the world!! Smile

Look forward to you tackling your masters & cheering you along the way!

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - jsd - 08-12-2017

I heard this same news quite a few months back actually. Worth double checking, but it sounds right.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 08-22-2017

Just returning from Germany and within the huge pile of packages, there was this very slim envelope from WGU. Thanks again to all that support the efforts of this Forum. It makes the journey a lot more fun and provides for a pretty cool diary to circle back and appreciate.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Thorne - 08-22-2017

(08-22-2017, 04:53 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Just returning from Germany and within the huge pile of packages, there was this very slim envelope from WGU. Thanks again to all that support the efforts of this Forum. It makes the journey a lot more fun and provides for a pretty cool diary to circle back and appreciate.

MSML
Congratulations! Any idea when you'll be wrapping up the MBA?

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 08-22-2017

(08-22-2017, 08:08 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 04:53 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Just returning from Germany and within the huge pile of packages, there was this very slim envelope from WGU. Thanks again to all that support the efforts of this Forum. It makes the journey a lot more fun and provides for a pretty cool diary to circle back and appreciate.
Congratulations! Any idea when you'll be wrapping up the MBA?

With there being no commencement for WGU that I could attend until April (Seattle) or more likely June (Las Vegas), my interest at the moment is deciding on the gameplan for a Ph.D./DBA program. Since I don't anticipate the MBA portion taking more than 2-3 months based on what's left course wise, I will probably circle back to it Q1 2018.

Now, if I am in a Ph.D./DBA program by then, an MBA may just have to be a side product to return to at a later date.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - sanantone - 08-23-2017

MSML

Congrats.