Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share (/Thread-WGU-MBA-MSML-Progress-Share)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 09-19-2017

Excellent - Congratulations!!! My wife & I are heading to Puerta Vallarta in October and we will make sure to celebrate with a drink in your honor Wink

Do you have a favorite?

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 10:32 AM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Excellent - Congratulations!!! My wife & I are heading to Puerta Vallarta in October and we will make sure to celebrate with a drink in your honor Wink

Do you have a favorite?

Thank you!!!

Tito's vodka and cranberry is my go to! Although a Long Island was needed a few times throughout this process. LOL what about you!?

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 09-19-2017

Favorite noted!

I really enjoyed a beer recently from The Bruery called: So Happens it’s Tuesday 14.7%. It's a pretty bold and packed with flavor. This would be considered a one and done favorite. I also enjoy how they describe it:

Our infamous Black Tuesday® stout is named in honor of the great stock market crash of 1929. So Happens It’s Tuesday is similarly dark and delicious, but in a more affable format, reminding us that there is always a bit of good to be found within the bad. Things happen, life goes on.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - jessikalauren - 09-22-2017

Thanks again to everyone for sharing! These threads have certainly been a huge factor in my deciding to start my MSML shortly after graduating with my BS! My very last OA is tonight, then my mentor will work on pushing my graduation paperwork through so we can expedite my grad school application Big Grin

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Thorne - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 04:36 PM)jessikalauren Wrote: Thanks again to everyone for sharing! These threads have certainly been a huge factor in my deciding to start my MSML shortly after graduating with my BS! My very last OA is tonight, then my mentor will work on pushing my graduation paperwork through so we can expedite my grad school application Big Grin

Are they going to let you start early, or are you still stuck until February?

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - jessikalauren - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 06:55 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 04:36 PM)jessikalauren Wrote: Thanks again to everyone for sharing! These threads have certainly been a huge factor in my deciding to start my MSML shortly after graduating with my BS! My very last OA is tonight, then my mentor will work on pushing my graduation paperwork through so we can expedite my grad school application Big Grin

Are they going to let you start early, or are you still stuck until February?

It truly, honest to goodness sounds like I'll be able to start early. I've worked closely with my student mentor and even his supervisor and they're all invested in making sure I start ASAP as well. I will be sure to update  Big Grin

These mentors really must get something out of students who do well. I know mine has 100+ students but he is always SO eager to approve assessments, help me out, make sure I'm done faster. We easily talk 3-4 times a day. I could just have a great SM but it just makes me wonder... 

Hey, it works in my favor because I get to keep going as fast as I need with all of the support in the world!

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - davewill - 09-22-2017

While the school collects more money from students that take longer, they are also judged by graduation rates. I bet the mentors are evaluated by the same sorts of criteria. You probably make his metrics look better by graduating and doing it fast...or it might just be that your enthusiasm is infectious!

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 07:04 PM)davewill Wrote: You probably make his metrics look better by graduating and doing it fast...or it might just be that your enthusiasm is infectious!

Cosign 100% on both positions being a strong possibility.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 09-24-2017

(09-19-2017, 01:45 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Favorite noted!

I really enjoyed a beer recently from The Bruery called: So Happens it’s Tuesday 14.7%. It's a pretty bold and packed with flavor. This would be considered a one and done favorite. I also enjoy how they describe it:

Our infamous Black Tuesday® stout is named in honor of the great stock market crash of 1929. So Happens It’s Tuesday is similarly dark and delicious, but in a more affable format, reminding us that there is always a bit of good to be found within the bad. Things happen, life goes on.

I will have to remember this one!!! Sounds great! I had my final call with my program mentor yesterday. It was bittersweet but we had a good relationship throughout. Even better was I got the graduation finalized "your diploma has been shipped" letter!!! Woohoo!

My mentor did spend an extended time talking about the recent news that came out on WGU. Sounds like they are sweating a little bit.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 09-24-2017

My last call was a little bittersweet as well. What came as more of an impact was that a couple of days later when logging into the website, all of the courses and status were gone! If I would have known that would be removed, I might have marinated in the completion page a little more Wink