Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share (/Thread-WGU-MBA-MSML-Progress-Share)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 10-24-2017

Awesome update PMInTraining!!! I just returned from celebrating with a crazy cool trip to Puerto Vallarta. Here was a shot from our hotel patio. My wife said she can't wait to see how we celebrate a doctorate Wink

[Image: Fiesta-Americana-Puerto-Vallarta-77777.jpg]

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 10-25-2017

That's AWESOME!!! So jealous!

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 11-01-2017

So eventually, I will need to narrow this list down but here are the current schools I have on the board as options for a Doctorate:

American Collge of Education - Doctorate in Education (Ed.D.) Leadership There are a lot of reasons this program could end up as a winner. Key factors: Price (19k) Duration (2-3 years) Course Study (Leadership/Change Agent/Social Impact)

California Southern University - Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) This was my initial front-runner and definitely still high on the board. Key Factors: State School (California) Course Study (Business-CEO-Leadership/Cultural & Social Awareness). Price compared to ACE isn't great but overall it comes in at a decent level 35k (Tuition/Textbooks)

UNISA - Doctorate Business Leadership . This school has been heavily discussed in our sister forum to the point that I continue to have the school on the board even though the hurdles seem to be pretty adventurous to put all my eggs in this bucket. Key Factors: Price (unclear due to travel requirements but looks to be around 12k-15k) Course Study (same as others, intrigued by the Dissertation Defense over Course Work/Exams model). I have several friends from South Africa and they have advised me to pass on UNISA due to the local perception and long-term value.

University of the Cumberlands - Ph.D. in Leadership . This program has been favorably reviewed on the sister account. Key Factors: Ph.D. (Leadership) Price (23k) Campus (personal interest to call a real campus home). This program makes sense on a lot of levels and is in my two options. My wife for some reason is just not feeling this school and says she won't let me go here Wink

Edinburgh Business School Heriot-Watt UniversityDoctorate Business Administration (DBA) Key Factors - Course Study (Business-CEO/Global Leadership) Price ($28k) Reputation (unknown in the states but has a very nice international value position).  My wife loves this option, bought a school sweatshirt and rocks it all the time now Wink  While in Germany recently the feedback was very positive when mentioning the school & this only made my German wife more confident this was the school Wink

Current ranking: 1. ACE 2. UC 3. HWU 4. UNISA 5. CSU.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - jsd - 11-01-2017

(11-01-2017, 03:06 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: California Southern University - Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) This was my initial front-runner and definitely still high on the board. Key Factors: State School (California) Course Study (Business-CEO-Leadership/Cultural & Social Awareness). Price compared to ACE isn't great but overall it comes in at a decent level 35k (Tuition/Textbooks)

I'm assuming you mean "state school" as in it is within the state, but just wanted to point out that it isn't a state school in the public university sense. It's private/for-profit.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 11-01-2017

(11-01-2017, 03:16 PM)jsd Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 03:06 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: California Southern University - Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) This was my initial front-runner and definitely still high on the board. Key Factors: State School (California) Course Study (Business-CEO-Leadership/Cultural & Social Awareness). Price compared to ACE isn't great but overall it comes in at a decent level 35k (Tuition/Textbooks)

I'm assuming you mean "state school" as in it is within the state, but just wanted to point out that it isn't a state school in the public university sense. It's private/for-profit.

Correct on the assumption Smile In a previous post, I listed Patten University as a State School when looking into my Masters and it was just highlighting the school was in the state I live in. Understanding, this is a forum focused on the details, I could have clarified or phrased it differently. Thanks for the mention.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - vobrodrew - 12-01-2017

Started WGU MBA program in September. All I have left is the Capstone!!!! Then I will move on to the MSML.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - posabsolute - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 09:34 AM)vobrodrew Wrote: Started WGU MBA program in September. All I have left is the Capstone!!!! Then I will move on to the MSML.

I'm curious to know more about your experience, I hope I can do it in 6 months when I'm done with my BSBA, but I'm afraid of the accounting and finance courses. Study.com exams were pretty easy but I don't feel I really learned the material.

What exposure you had on the 'mathy' classes before enrolling?

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 09:34 AM)vobrodrew Wrote: Started WGU MBA program in September. All I have left is the Capstone!!!! Then I will move on to the MSML.

Excellent - Keep us in the loop.

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 01-25-2018

Received official word live and by email, Amberton University will transfer 12  credits from the MSML into their MBA program. I am still waiting on clarity for what classes but for each MBA option they confirmed it would be 12 credits (most have 2 business electives with one having 12 business electives). It was what I expected but still was great news to receive. This puts their regionally accredited MBA cost after the 12 credit transfer at about $7,640. With the threads on if one should earn multiple degrees from the same school, this could be a great alternative for someone who earns the MSML and would like to earn an MBA from a different non-profit university

Just received some additional information - listed below is how my BSBA and MSML transfers into Amberton's MBA program:

MBA Prerequisites (TESU BSBA)
BUSDEGREE BUS3104 STATISTICAL ANALYSIS I
BUSDEGREE BUS3305 MGMT PROCESSES/INFO SYS
BUSDEGREE BUS3310 MKT STRUCTURE/COMP ANALY
BUSDEGREE BUS4113 ACCT & FINANCE FOR MNGRS
BUSDEGREE MGT4495 PROJECT MGMT FOUNDATIONS
BUSDEGREE BUS4110 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS

MBA Core (WGU MSML)
HRMC202 MGT6177 HUMAN RESOURCE MGMT 03
MGMTC209 MGT6203 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT 03
MGMTC206 RGS6036 ETHICS DECISION MAKING 03
MGMTC200 MGT5000 MANAGEMENT ELECTIVE 03

This gives you 9 core classes out of the gate and I bet one could fight for the additional 3 credits to be used in a core class with the right defense! It's one in the same since you need that elective anyway but it's also fun fighting for the greatest value for all credits Smile

Since Amberton is a Non-Profit easy paced program with a bonus to some in that there are minimal to no exams for several of their courses, this may very well be worth the higher tuition.

*Now let's not get into the 20 pages a week assignments because I want to end with a happy close:

12 Credits - Awesome!!!!

RE: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - BearEDU - 01-26-2018

very nice thread just finished reading all 16 pages and congrats on everyone for completing their degrees!

I hope to start my journey as well and this is such an inspiration.

Just some minor questions
  • For the capstone what information does the capstone require from the business? 
  • For the group work were you doing this along another class?
  • Whats the difference in Part-Time and Full-time I saw this earlier in the thread. For part time there is a cap to your classes basically? 
  • How did you guys managed your time and were you guys doing more than one class at a time? I saw some one in another thread saying doing 1 a time is best for him
  • For some classes did you just do your pre assements and if you scored high skip right to the finals?
  • Is the format similar to study.com but at a much harder level? Such as harder tasks etc.
  • Was the math in data driven difficult? It seems like from responses its more about the work load?
  • Is there anything you think you could of worked on before the start of your journey for MSML?