Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share (/Thread-WGU-MBA-MSML-Progress-Share)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-10-2017

MSML - Capstone Task 2 - 21 pages Complete

WGU provides a guiding template for the task, they really set the student on a path to success. Would have a hard time seeing how someone would not pass this Task.

MBA/MSML - Data-Driven Making Decisions - Submitted Task 1 & 2 (should have word/approval by Tuesday)

I have not secured time to study for the exam but anticipate a cram session coming on around the 20th (I know my patterns).

Everything is lining up pretty well for June. My wife is getting her wish of an early completion but oddly enough, she asked me if I was going to continue on for a Ph.D./DBA!? I highlighted that she just shared that she missed my company from all of these school activities and she responded: "Having a Doctor in the house is pretty hot". My wife knows how to keep me working on something at all times Wink

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-11-2017

RANSOMSOUL Wrote:MSML - Capstone Task 2 - 21 pages Complete

WGU provides a guiding template for the task, they really set the student on a path to success. Would have a hard time seeing how someone would not pass this Task.

MBA/MSML - Data-Driven Making Decisions - Submitted Task 1 & 2 (should have word/approval by Tuesday)

I have not secured time to study for the exam but anticipate a cram session coming on around the 20th (I know my patterns).

Everything is lining up pretty well for June. My wife is getting her wish of an early completion but oddly enough, she asked me if I was going to continue on for a Ph.D./DBA!? I highlighted that she just shared that she missed my company from all of these school activities and she responded: "Having a Doctor in the house is pretty hot". My wife knows how to keep me working on something at all times Wink

Great job! Keep us posted on how the exam goes. Would you mind sharing how you approached the task 1 and task 2 for Data-Driven Decision Making? I am only a few weeks away and want to make it as painless as possible!

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-11-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:If you're referring to the SWOT analysis and reusing it from C200-go for it. I did and didnt get flagged. I havent been able to do any work this week because of work. I think I'll do it this weekend and knock both tasks out.

How did your weekend go? I am on the home stretch of my third task for ethical leadership and onto change management. Thanks for the tip on reusing the SWOT-- I wondered that and wanted to make sure it is okay. My team project is going fairly well too we had our first call yesterday and have a game plan for the week.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-11-2017

Let me hold off until Tuesday post-approval on each Task to share my wisdom Wink

In the tasks, I chose a two-sample t-test data analysis technique for the decision analysis. It played well with the IT company that I partnered with and what we were looking to research.

I would jump on the cohort for July 1st. The group share runs twice a week (Tuesday & Thursday) with a focused goal to have task 1 & 2 completed within 10 days. I had already written my papers but still jumped in a class on Thursday and thought it was really helpful for someone looking to have a clear understanding of the tasks and how to best tackle them fast.

It should be noted that you need approval on Task 1 prior to submitting Task 2. I enjoy being a risk taker and just delayed submitting Task 2 by an hour+ and if I timed it perfect, we should have approval for Task 1 right when Task 2 comes up in the queue. If by chance I am off on Task 1 timing prior to Task 2 being pulled, it would auto reject Task 2 and require me to resubmit. Basically, costing me 3 additional days for approval but it's these silly games that keep the process entertaining for me!

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-11-2017

I haven't gotten anything done at all. I've been on pain medication since Thursday. I've slept more this weekend than anything. I'm hoping to at least wrap up task 1 of strategic management tonight. I'll be playing catch-up all week! Ugh! Great job everybody!

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-13-2017

MBA/MSML - Data-Driven Decision Making - Complete (Task 1 - 4 pages, Task 2 - 11 pages)

My rebel approach to submit both tasks didn't work perfectly because Task 2 starting moving up way too fast in the queue. I had to cancel Task 2 and resubmit to push it back in the list. It all worked out in the end with approval on Task 2 this morning.

Just got some great news in my work for a need to fly out to Germany on the 21st. Figure it will defintely ensure some serious study time on that 12+ hour flight. My thought is to study on the flight up and back, scheduling an exam on the last day of the month. Or if time permits, knocking out the exam while in Germany.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-13-2017

GREAT Job! Have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see what's got me down in the dumps. Hopefully I can gain some more momentum after we figure out what it is. I hate not being able to get anything done!

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Thorne - 06-13-2017

Quick question for anyone in the program, have they explained the expectations for the capstone? As in, are you required to work with an actual business on actual business issues, or can you make something up?

I can't think of a single organization in my area, even a small one, that would be interested in sharing private information with anyone, let alone an MBA student.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-13-2017

Throne--It's funny that you say that, I thought about what I was going to do for that earlier today. I saw someone say that they had issues getting companies to give out information.

Side note: Task 1 of C209 just got submitted. I hit MAJOR panic mode that I wouldn't be able to finish in a semester today.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-13-2017

I finished Ethical Leadership this evening. :coolgleam: Onto change management! I actually received an excellence award for one of my papers. I had no idea this even existed!