Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share (/Thread-WGU-MBA-MSML-Progress-Share)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Ideas - 06-13-2017

Mag48 Wrote:I finished Ethical Leadership this evening. :coolgleam: Onto change management! I actually received an excellence award for one of my papers. I had no idea this even existed!

Congrats Smile

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-14-2017

Thorne Wrote:I can't think of a single organization in my area, even a small one, that would be interested in sharing private information with anyone, let alone an MBA student.

In this social age don't let your mind hold you back for possible options. Some helpful resources:

WGU Facebook groups - Post request and ask for volunteers

LinkedIn Business Groups - Post request and ask for volunteers

I am sure between your network (+network's network) and the above options, you'll surely be able to secure a winner.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-17-2017

Task 2 of strategic management is complete and submitted. Im #401 in the queue. UGH. Business acumen is next. Any tips? I'm about to start watching the videos/reading and taking notes. I'm enrolled in the cohort of July 3rd for Leading teams. Prayers that I get a good team and people that are accelerating as well.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-17-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:Task 2 of strategic management is complete and submitted. Im #401 in the queue. UGH. Business acumen is next. Any tips?

I was in the 500+ queue for my Data-Drivin entries. Once the # popped up, I just moved on and didn't check until the 3rd-day post submission. Off course, I wasted time on the 3rd day checking multiple times. Why that game continues to reward me is so silly but it does Smile

Business Acumen is really consistent with the study material and pre-assessment. If the business world is new (young in career), I would focus on securing a pre-score of 75- 80% and you should breeze through the exam. If you have been around the corporate space for 5+ years, most of this class and exam will have an instinctive feel.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-17-2017

Hahaha I play the Taskstream stalking game a lot. I heard something about not being able to see cut scores anymore? Definitely going to need to study everything then(21 years old, not much experience with the corporate world...)! My last three classes are the ones I've been avoiding. Business Acumen, Data Driven, and Leading Teams...

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-17-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:Hahaha I play the Taskstream stalking game a lot. I heard something about not being able to see cut scores anymore? Definitely going to need to study everything then(21 years old, not much experience with the corporate world...)! My last three classes are the ones I've been avoiding. Business Acumen, Data Driven, and Leading Teams...

25 here! I have been working though in the corporate world for a little over the last five years but the Business Acumen still had a lot of concepts that I don't often use. I felt that it was like a recap of five undergraduate business courses in one. I thought the Business Acumen was the harder of the classes I have done so far, but not a roadblock like I expected it to be.

First recommendation-- DO NOT use the quizlet as a study guide. (I am sure you know this but for business acumen I found A LOT of discrepancy in the flash cards)

This was the first class that I read all the chapters and I don't think it prepared me the best that it would have had I used the support video resources instead to target my reading. My recommendation would be to do as follows: watch all of the videos and take the test exams. Navigate to the sections that you missed in the quiz and read the section of the text on that component. Next use the quizlet to find all of the questions on the preassessment. Do not reference the answers there but instead find them in the text and then read the supporting text around that component. I have found that while the exact question from the PA likely will not show up on the assessment, a question very similar and from the same section will. I then watched the videos a second time and took the assessment. Definitely know the best short term and long term financing options. I passed with a 75.

I just spent the day finishing the paper for change management. Mine is almost 21 pages. Holy COW! Now to make the powerpoint. I didn't expect the task for change management to be so long but it is more involved than I expected. How long were your papers for strategic management? When I spoke to my mentor yesterday she mentioned that the tasks for strategic management can be quite long.

I am also still working on the leading teams project. My team is a bit slow and we could have been done a week ago probably. The good thing is there is enough communication that I believe we will finish in about 4 weeks instead of 5.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-18-2017

Thanks for the heads up! I gave myself two weeks for this class for a reason lol. Were there actual calculations on the test and did you need a calculator? And for strategic management, Task 1 was about 10 pages and Task 2 was about 14....

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-18-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I gave myself two weeks for this class for a reason lol. Were there actual calculations on the test and did you need a calculator? And for strategic management, Task 1 was about 10 pages and Task 2 was about 14....

That doesnt sound bad at all for the strategic management papers! Did you get highly competent in all areas? I feel like I overwrite sometimes to ensure I have enough supporting examples to meet the criteria.

Two weeks sounds like a good timeline for Business Acumen. I think I did it in around the same time frame. It sounds like we might actually finish around the same time. What is your target date? I am thinking I can finish in mid-late September. My term ends October 31st but I have been doing about a class every two weeks.

I just submitted the Task 1 for change management and have the exam on Thursday night.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-18-2017

I got highly competent in 3 areas. My term ends September 30th. So I've been trying to make sure I can finish... I heard Data Driven isnt fun... And I'm concerned about how long my capstone will take. Im gonna work on Data Driven while doing Leading Teams, so hopefully I can have about 6-8 weeks for my capstone... Im really concerned about my last 2 classes.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-19-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:I got highly competent in 3 areas. My term ends September 30th. So I've been trying to make sure I can finish... I heard Data Driven isnt fun... And I'm concerned about how long my capstone will take. Im gonna work on Data Driven while doing Leading Teams, so hopefully I can have about 6-8 weeks for my capstone... Im really concerned about my last 2 classes.

My mentor said a minimum of 6 weeks for the capstone to be unlocked- but uncertain how firm that is. I think we will be in the data driven at the same time. Are you going to use one of the free data sets? Have you thought about a technique at all? I feel like I have glanced at it several times but always like walked away overwhelmed. However, its now almost time to dive into it. My task for change management just passed so now I need to study a few nights for the exam. My hope is by this Friday to have data driver decision making added to my class list. I will also finish the task 2 for leading teams over this weekend if I can get my team to finish the powerpoint lol.