Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share (/Thread-WGU-MBA-MSML-Progress-Share)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-19-2017

Mag48 Wrote:My mentor said a minimum of 6 weeks for the capstone to be unlocked- but uncertain how firm that is.

pretty sure the reference was in that you will need at least 6 weeks to comfortably finish the capstone in 1 Term (or they just misspoke). My mentor set a minimum start date of July 1st/my 5th month to complete in 1 Term. If you do the readiness survey, it will give you the ability to look at all 4 tasks. There's no need to wait for any class/capstone to be added to term because all information can be reviewed prior if the survey is completed.

Great job on your current progress!

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-20-2017

My Mentor must have been feeling left out because they requested a call for next week. Outside of 'Great Job On Passing', this is the first request. Pretty sure with my current pace to finish in June*ish Wink , they need to make sure there's some type of Capstone contact during the close out.

Updates:

Capstone Task 3 - Video Presentation 15min. The outline is complete and I have done two practice runs (one of them is probably worth submitting).

Capstone Task 4 - Paper (currently 17 pages). I will submit Task 4 & 5 by the 25th-27th.

Minus any needed revisions, we should be strong on a School Free July!!!

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Thorne - 06-20-2017

RANSOMSOUL Wrote:My Mentor must have been feeling left out because they requested a call for next week. Outside of 'Great Job On Passing', this is the first request. Pretty sure with my current pace to finish in June*ish Wink , they need to make sure there's some type of Capstone contact during the close out.

Updates:

Capstone Task 3 - Video Presentation 15min. The outline is complete and I have done two practice runs (one of them is probably worth submitting).

Capstone Task 4 - Paper (currently 17 pages). I will submit Task 4 & 5 by the 25th-27th.

Minus any needed revisions, we should be strong on a School Free July!!!

Can you provide an outline of what the sum total of requirements are for the Capstone?
For example, is the presentation pre-recorded or live?

I'm just curious. I mean, I'm a good year from even seriously investigating a Master's program.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-20-2017

Check through the prior posts and you'll see greater detail on the Capstone. Task 3 Presentation is recorded through Panopto. It's a pretty cool platform that records your PowerPoint in one field and you speaking in another. This will enable you to have the Powerpoint on the screen in full while recording and eliminate worrying about keeping you in the frame.

I personally enjoy presenting but for others, this feature is significant in allowing the presenter to just focus on their message. It was super helpful for my daughter with some of her courses with presentations required (StraighterLine)

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - PMInTraining - 06-20-2017

Mag48 Wrote:My mentor said a minimum of 6 weeks for the capstone to be unlocked- but uncertain how firm that is. I think we will be in the data driven at the same time. Are you going to use one of the free data sets? Have you thought about a technique at all? I feel like I have glanced at it several times but always like walked away overwhelmed. However, its now almost time to dive into it. My task for change management just passed so now I need to study a few nights for the exam. My hope is by this Friday to have data driver decision making added to my class list. I will also finish the task 2 for leading teams over this weekend if I can get my team to finish the powerpoint lol.

Not gonna lie to you, I haven't looked at Data Driven at all... Numbers make me cringe. I'm dedicating this weekend to business acumen. Work has been kicking my butt... like frantically taking bites of my sandwiches while on client calls and muting my phone so they dont hear me devouring it Confusedmilelol: What does everyone do for a living/plan on moving into when this is all said and done BTW?

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-21-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:Not gonna lie to you, I haven't looked at Data Driven at all... Numbers make me cringe. I'm dedicating this weekend to business acumen. Work has been kicking my butt... like frantically taking bites of my sandwiches while on client calls and muting my phone so they dont hear me devouring it Confusedmilelol: What does everyone do for a living/plan on moving into when this is all said and done BTW?

Keep on chuggin with the business acumen! I am cramming everything I can right now for my change management exam tomorrow. So many little details to remember. AHH!

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-22-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:What does everyone do for a living/plan on moving into when this is all said and done BTW?

Next move is a mini vacation from school and then make a decision on if I am really going to tackle a DBA at California Southern University, DBL at UNISA or Ph.D. in Leadership at University of Cumberland.

Plan on living in Germany for half the year in 2018 and school may be the last thing on my mind with that adventure on the board. However, it has become a pretty rewarding actviity rocking school, so I bet there will be a master plan to carve out time for more school while there Smile

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Thorne - 06-22-2017

RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Next move is a mini vacation from school and then make a decision on if I am really going to tackle a DBA at California Southern University, DBL at UNISA or Ph.D. in Leadership at University of Cumberland.

Plan on living in Germany for half the year in 2018 and school may be the last thing on my mind with that adventure on the board. However, it has become a pretty rewarding actviity rocking school, so I bet there will be a master plan to carve out time for more school while there Smile

If you do go the DBA at CSU or UNISA, will you run another thread like this? A true "My Journey: DBA" thread might be worth a lot to folks here (including myself)

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - RANSOMSOUL - 06-22-2017

Thorne Wrote:If you do go the DBA at CSU or UNISA, will you run another thread like this? A true "My Journey: DBA" thread might be worth a lot to folks here (including myself)

That's a must...with all of the helpful threads I've used from DegreeForum and DegreeInfo, I look at it as a responsibility to give back when possible. It also creates a great driver for you to honor the mission all the way through to the finish line.

WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share - Mag48 - 06-22-2017

PMInTraining Wrote:Not gonna lie to you, I haven't looked at Data Driven at all... Numbers make me cringe. I'm dedicating this weekend to business acumen. Work has been kicking my butt... like frantically taking bites of my sandwiches while on client calls and muting my phone so they dont hear me devouring it Confusedmilelol: What does everyone do for a living/plan on moving into when this is all said and done BTW?

Change Management is a pass! I think I got somewhere around 75%. The new exam process no longer shares the exact score (don't love this). Just bars of how competent you were in the key areas. All were green. I do, however, love how now when you take the Pre-assessment it shares what you got right/wrong and the corresponding answer if wrong.

As for what I do now/plan to do. I currently work for one of the big online travel websites doing strategic account management. Basically I am the point of contact for hotel partners in an assigned region and handle all facets of their partnership. The goal for me after completing the MSML is to apply for a promotion that involves leading a team of people who do the current position I am in. I may end up making a slight change to oversee the support (coordination/operations) vertical to get started in the people management process, but the end goal would be to lead a team that oversee's client relations/market strategy side of the business. What about you?