Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
help with BSAT in Tech studies?? fastest way through? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: help with BSAT in Tech studies?? fastest way through? (/Thread-help-with-BSAT-in-Tech-studies-fastest-way-through)

Pages: 1 2

help with BSAT in Tech studies?? fastest way through? - netman68 - 05-21-2017

ok so after much back and fourth and still going back and fourth here is the latest spreadsheet. is there any thing that anyone can see how to get the rest of these classes done ore tested out? I know I asked this but since so much has changed I wanted to ask again.

[attachment=1586]

help with BSAT in Tech studies?? fastest way through? - bjcheung77 - 05-21-2017

I'm not sure what you mean by "much has changed" but, not many I can see from the last time you posted. Anyways, here goes!
You need to decide your provider of choice, I would say for your studies, go with the recommended Straighterline/Study.com combo!
All the missing courses you require are provided by these two! The only suggestion is to take the sciences at a community college.

Note: The sciences are 4 credit each, your spreadsheet should reflect that and you don't need to take an extra 2 credits anywhere.
If you're taking courses at Straighterline and Study.com, you've got affiliate/partnership pricing, you get to skip the cornerstone.
You've got cheaper residency waiver fees and 10% off capstone tuition, $$$ cha-ching! That is all you need actually... good luck.

that's awesome thanks but two things first should I take the needed courses before I actually enroll and second is the aelks any help at all.
it doesn't seem like much has changed but i got them to take a few courses that i had already taken for other requirements for example they took my Hum-499 for diversity which with these was no small task i'm still trying to get the to take my eng-199 for enc-101
oh and the free courses i got the shophia team effectiveness and the cyber security from teex where can those go?

help with BSAT in Tech studies?? fastest way through? - dfrecore - 05-21-2017

First, your science is off. You can either take Chem I & II, or Physics I & II. Chem I and Phys I won't cut it. Also, when you take the courses with labs, that's 4cr, so your science is completed (course is 3cr, lab is 1cr).

Chem Options:
A) Chemistry CLEP (6cr for Chem I & II)
Chemistry I Lab through SL
Chemistry II Lab through NMJC or Rio Salado (if they will let you take just the lab)

B) Chemistry I course through Saylor or Study.com
Chemistry I lab through SL or Ed4Credit
Chemistry II w/Lab through NMJC or Rio Salado

Physics options:
A) PHYS101: Intro to Mechanics through Saylor (Physics I - 3cr)
PHYS102: Intro to Electromagnetism through Saylor (Physics II - 3cr)
Physics I Lab at SL
Physics II Lab at NMJC or Rio Salado (if they will let you take just the lab)

B) Physics I w/Lab at SL
Physics II w/Lab at NMJC or Rio Salado

help with BSAT in Tech studies?? fastest way through? - dfrecore - 05-21-2017

For the rest, you can use this degree plan to get your Gen Eds.

For Project Management, you can use Study.com, Sophia, or CSU-Global CBE.

Current Trends & Applications is the Capstone, so you have to take that at TESU Online.

For the cornerstone, if you sign up for Study.com, you can then get the Affiliate Membership from TESU. It take the cornerstone out of your degree plan, as well as gives you a discount on the Residency Waiver fee, which becomes $1800.

help with BSAT in Tech studies?? fastest way through? - sanantone - 05-21-2017

University of New England has a standalone lab for Chemistry II. TESU has standalone labs for Chemistry II and Physics II. Uexcel will cover Physics I and II, but will not include the labs. Saylor is cheaper than Uexcel, but it's another option for those who don't like Saylor exams.

Just saw your previous posts, graduating by the summer won't work, earliest will be December.
That is because the capstone you will take at, will start in June/July/August (Take August!)
TESU Graduation Requirements: Thomas Edison State University: Graduation Information

TESU BSAST Technical Studies Requirements: BSAST Degree in Technical Studies at Thomas Edison State University
Recommendations: Take both Chem I & II and Physics I & II
This is because you need to have 8 science I credits & 8 required science II credits
I also recommend taking the 8 required science II classes at the same time as your capstone.

Take following at Straighterline because you can pass the course before you reach the final exam.
If you want to finish in time for December graduation, you must do it quickly, finish in 1 month.

Eng Comp I - SL for speed (Study.com for ease)
Eng Comp II - Same reason as above
Oral Comm - Same reasons (both has 3 videos)
American Government - SL Final worth 25% of grade (Study.com Final=66%)
Statistics - SL Business Stats 25%, (Study.com Principles of Stats 66%)

You will need to finish the following general education requirements, etc.
General Education: ALEKS Intermediate Algebra & Precalculus OR Trig
Project Management - Study.com and Capstone at TESU
High Level Math - SL Calculus I, Study Calc I or Geometry

Higher level math past College Algebra usually is at the 200+ level.
My recommendation is to take the Study.com Geometry vs SL/Study.com Calculus I
While taking that, also take Project Management at Study.com
Take the SL Physics I+Lab, Chem I+lab, I would try my best to finish these in 1 month as well

You now will have the TESU BSAST Capstone, Chem II+lab, Physics II+lab to do.
Finish it all within the allotted 8-12 weeks at Rio Salado, APUS/AMU or elsewhere courses.
These need to start in AUGUST - Apply for graduation mid Sept BEFORE it's done!
Note: You don't have to be "finished" when you apply for graduation, you can send it in later.

Update: Your TEEX and Sophia Course you took will go to the bottom of the list under "other".
That list will just continue to grow if you add courses to what you currently have, as they don't fit in the AOS or Gen Ed.

dfrecore Wrote:For the rest, you can use this degree plan to get your Gen Eds.

For Project Management, you can use Study.com, Sophia, or CSU-Global CBE.

Current Trends & Applications is the Capstone, so you have to take that at TESU Online.

For the cornerstone, if you sign up for Study.com, you can then get the Affiliate Membership from TESU. It take the cornerstone out of your degree plan, as well as gives you a discount on the Residency Waiver fee, which becomes $1800.

ok Thats great but do I sign up for study.com first or tesu first? it sounds like I sign up for study.com first then I enroll in tesu. and that is how i get the discount and the capstone taken out. correct?

netman68 Wrote:ok Thats great but do I sign up for study.com first or tesu first? it sounds like I sign up for study.com first then I enroll in tesu. and that is how i get the discount and the capstone taken out. correct?

Yes, it's the cornerstone not capstone, but that's correct. You will get everything done from Straighterline/Study.com first and then enroll at TESU.
Because you're so close, I think you've already applied and got the evaluation you pasted, so you can enroll in their capstone when you finish above.
Finish the general education requirements in 1-2 months and then enroll/register for the capstone in Mid August. You can finish this by end of Nov.

Ok first thanks for the great info from everyone. So from my understanding here is what I need/have left to take.

ENC-101 English Composition I
ENC-102 English Composition II
COM-108 Intro to Communications (ORAL COMM)

POS-110 Americain Government or something to satisfy the civic engagement requirement

Chem-121 General Chemistry l with Lab
Chem-122 General chem ll with Lab
Higher Level Mathematics like trig or calc l

TES-100 cornerstone if I sign up for study.com I can get this removed from my plan and wont have to take this. is this a correct statement?

STA-201 Principles of Statistics

APS-401 Current Trends CAPSTONE
MAN-435 Project Mngt

dose this seem acurate based on the spreadsheet i am attaching?[attachment=1588]