Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) (/Thread-Passed-my-First-Clep-Analyzing-and-Interpreting-Literature)

Pages: 1 2

Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - Tictac - 06-26-2017

I took analyzing and interpreting literature. I got a 56 on it. It was a test I probably could have taken cold. I used the REA practice tests(the older one with the cd) for the past 2 days. I got scaled scores of 54, 56, 54 on the practice tests. I knew I needed at least a 50 on the actual test, and felt confident I would. If I put more effort in, I probably would have scored higher but I knew I didn't need to. I feel like I struggled with trying to guess what the author meant with a lot of the questions. It was an issue I have always had with literature. While, I didn't ask for any help pertaining this test, reading others experiences have helped a lot and made me decide to get this one out of the way.

Now I can put all my effort into studying for natural science and biology. I only need to pass one of them, but given how natural science is half bio, it makes sense for me to study for both. If I fall short on biology, I still have natural science I could take. Otherwise the extra 6 credits won't hurt.

Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - Homeschoolmom6 - 06-28-2017

Congratulations! cheersmate

Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - cookderosa - 06-28-2017

congratulations!! I've heard lately that this test seems to be harder than usual. Did you have a lot of poetry?

Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - Tictac - 06-29-2017

I had a decent amount of poetry. There wasn't as much terminology as I was expecting. The terminology that was on the test I felt was at like a fifth grade level and it was only a few questions. There were some questions based off tone of the passage. There were several questions interpreting what the narrator means when they say something. Additionally there were also several questions a long the lines based off the passage it can be inferred that. The toughest questions for me was saying what the author meant when they chose to use some lines. I pretty much only used the REA practice tests to study and in terms of difficulty, I felt they were rather on par if only maybe slightly more difficult. There was a little more focus on higher level terminology in the REA practice tests but if anything the REA tests were a pretty accurate assessment of how the test would be.

Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - musictester - 06-29-2017

Yay!! Way to go!

Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - cookderosa - 06-29-2017

Tictac Wrote:I had a decent amount of poetry. There wasn't as much terminology as I was expecting. The terminology that was on the test I felt was at like a fifth grade level and it was only a few questions. There were some questions based off tone of the passage. There were several questions interpreting what the narrator means when they say something. Additionally there were also several questions a long the lines based off the passage it can be inferred that. The toughest questions for me was saying what the author meant when they chose to use some lines. I pretty much only used the REA practice tests to study and in terms of difficulty, I felt they were rather on par if only maybe slightly more difficult. There was a little more focus on higher level terminology in the REA practice tests but if anything the REA tests were a pretty accurate assessment of how the test would be.

thank you!

RE: Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - zapproximator - 08-02-2017

Good for you! That one surprised me - I expected an easy test Smile

RE: Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - BingCherry - 09-07-2017

Tictac and Zapproximator : Thank for your reviews of the test.
I passed it with a 61.
Reading here (and Zap's blog) helped me focus more of what to pay attention to in my pre-test study time along with the Modern States course. It was my first CLEP as well! Very nervous but passed and that's all that counts.

RE: Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - a2jc4life - 02-13-2018

I'm afraid of taking this one. It's what I need if I want to test out of English Comp II. But I hate literature interpretation. So much of it is a matter of opinion, and I feel like I'm constantly guessing what the test-writer's mindset is. Are the practice tests a good gauge of how the test itself will go?

RE: Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) - quigongene - 02-13-2018

I just took the MS course and passed it. Didn't do great, but didn't fail it.