Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Fewer Schools Accept CLEP (/Thread-Fewer-Schools-Accept-CLEP)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - Rhashad - 07-06-2017

As I was completing my journey from 0 to MBA (in 3 years), I couldn't wait to help my children through the process, well, it seems that day will never come. As we begin to plot our testing strategy, we've found most schools have greatly reduced the cleps they accept, and dramatically increased minimum scores.

It's a sad day for me, as the testing process was very fun and extremely rewarding for me. I wish today's students had the same opportunities I had.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - Thorne - 07-06-2017

I haven't seen what you're talking about. In fact, almost every CC I've looked at allows CLEP tests, and most Unis I've investigated allow CLEP, but not general ACE credits or DSST.

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - keepsingin - 07-06-2017

Many of my friends have experienced the same thing with many CCs and Universities accepting a maximum of ~9 CLEP credits. Sometimes ya really have to dig to find a school besides the big 3 or 4 that accepts 30+ clep cr. Even Penn State World Campus is stingy about what cleps they'll accept, you'd think they'd be a little less traditional maybe.

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - Life Long Learning - 07-06-2017

I have not seen that. Any examples?

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - Ideas - 07-06-2017

CLEP seems pretty widely accepted to me. It seems like a lot don't take DSST and ACE.

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - Collegelady2 - 07-06-2017

Arizona State University accepts up to 60 credits! I contacted our community college they accepted almost none which is strange

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - RANSOMSOUL - 07-06-2017

My daughter has a High School friend (Class of 2017) scheduled this summer at a small school called Humboldt State University in Northern California. We encouraged her as a sophomore to follow in my daughter's footsteps and look into CLEP as an option to help her parents on tuition costs (parents had expressed a major concern). She was able to knock out 30 credits over the two years and transferred them all into Humboldt. Since it was a year of school knocked out, the value to them when taking into consideration room & board and classes, was a little over 25k saving! They have not allowed us to pay for a meal on our last two family outings due to their gratitude Smile

Study.com has a nice list of online schools we have all talked about and some strong brand names that might be a surprise.

Southern New Hampshire University
Kaplan University
Strayer University
Grand Canyon University
University of Phoenix
DeVry University
Ashford University
Walden University
Capella University
Excelsior College
Thomas Edison State College
Charter Oak State College
Western Governors University

University of Florida
Texas A&M University
University of Arizona
Michigan State University
DePaul University
Florida State University
Arizona State University
Drexel University
University of Kentucky
Temple University
George Mason University
University of Louisville
Northern Illinois University
Colorado State University
Emerson College

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - RANSOMSOUL - 07-06-2017

If anyone wondered, they have a nice Zoology Program

[Image: 96263-004-98E552BD.jpg]

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - MD_AJIBULU - 07-07-2017

I fear the day when colleges get hip, ie feel threatened by the alternatives, and someone stick their hands into the regulations about accepting the CLEP, DSST, and ACE - as if it matteeeerrrrrssssssss, ugh.

Fewer Schools Accept CLEP - RANSOMSOUL - 07-07-2017

Interesting fear....I see it going in the complete opposite direction. More schools launching online programs and new services popping up like Study.com, Straighterline, and Saylor providing values for credits.

[video=youtube;_988-cpiG94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_988-cpiG94[/video]