Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost (/Thread-New-Forum-Software-Installed-3-Weeks-Data-Lost)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - sgloer - 07-29-2017

Hey guys,

We just finished switching over to a new server and we're now running myBB.

Unfortunately, we ended up using a backup from July 10th because the newest data we had from the vBulletin 5 setup was not really cooperating with the upgrade.

We will be providing a temporary link for you to get access to the old forum to see any posts you need access to. Stay tuned.

I'm also working on installing a "Like" system.

Let me know if you have any other feedback or run into any problems.

Thank you!

RE: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - zapproximator - 07-29-2017

*Like* Wink
This new software is way better!!

RE: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - inkleind - 07-29-2017

Woah, that's a lot of data loss! I hope this software is more pleasing to everyone.

RE: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - Thorne_Troubleshooting - 07-29-2017

I'm having trouble logging in using my credentials, hence why I created a second account with a similar name.

Any ideas why? I've tried IE, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome after clearing my cookies as well as IE and Firefox in InPrivate mode to ensure that it could have nothing to do with cookies, whatsoever.

I was having issues as well. It worked randomly for me around the 30th try. Clearing my cookies, incognito, nothing seemed to really make a difference.

RE: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - jsd - 07-29-2017

Well, it's certainly faster

RE: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - keepsingin2 - 07-29-2017

(07-29-2017, 06:31 PM)Thorne_Troubleshooting Wrote: I'm having trouble logging in using my credentials, hence why I created a second account with a similar name.

Any ideas why? I've tried IE, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome after clearing my cookies as well as IE and Firefox in InPrivate mode to ensure that it could have nothing to do with cookies, whatsoever.

Ditto... I also tried resetting my password, but it still wouldn't log me in.

RE: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - Thorne - 07-29-2017

(07-29-2017, 07:35 PM)keepsingin2 Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 06:31 PM)Thorne_Troubleshooting Wrote: I'm having trouble logging in using my credentials, hence why I created a second account with a similar name.

Ditto... I also tried resetting my password, but it still wouldn't log me in.

Huzzah!

Log out, hit reply, log in using the login page. Worked for me on the first try.

I also found that I was automatically subscribed to email notifications for forum replies to threads I've posted in. Had to do a bit of digging to locate that off switch.

RE: New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost - keepsingin - 07-29-2017

(07-29-2017, 07:47 PM)Thorne Wrote: Huzzah!

Log out, hit reply, log in using the login page. Worked for me on the first try.

Awesome, thanks!