Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS (/Thread-Fast-and-easy-2-Study-com-courses-for-TESU-BALS)

Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS - CarpeDiem8 - 08-07-2017

Hey guys,

I signed up and realized that I start a new job next week, so I'm limited on time and focus. For this month, I just need to knock out 2 courses and then pause my Study.com membership.

Which 2 should I knock out first?

Thanks!

D

RE: Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS - BingCherry - 08-07-2017

Classroom Management: Education 103 , Differentiated Instruction: Education 104, and Vietnam War 108 were the quickest ones for me. Plus, Vietnam War 108 is also supposed to stay UL until end of Dec.

RE: Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS - dfrecore - 08-08-2017

I would choose 2 that have a lot of overlap but come in differently, like

HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction (HIS-252) and HIS 306: The American Civil War Era (HIS-235)
OR
HIS 108: History of the Vietnam War (HIS-246) and HIS 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War (HIS-351)

OR 2 UL Psych courses that may change to LL after 12/31:

PSY 104: Social Psychology (PSY-370)
PSY 105: Research Methods in Psychology (PSY-322)
PSY 106: Abnormal Psychology (PSY-350)

Also keep in mind that the Education courses previously mentioned are not considered AOS courses for the BALS (at least they weren't the last time I checked).

I prefer to spend more time/money up front getting the AOS courses than Free Electives.

RE: Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS - runningtherace2 - 02-12-2019

Hey y'all...
Quick Q: I need to take a quick-ish study.com course within 2 weeks (and be DONE with it by then).
Was going to take Eng. 105: College Composition II final exam off Study.com today or tomorrow...started it around a month ago-- frustrating because I was only going to take like 2 weeks to do it, and the course itself was quick, but the 2 papers and research proposal took much, much longer than anticipated. (My major is English from TESU...took Coll. Comp I CLEP a while back without the essay)
Have heard that Intro to Computing is a good/easier one. Just something that does NOT involve writing assignment...just the lessons, quizzes, and final exam. And I'm fine with LL credits at this point.

Any thoughts??

RE: Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS - MNomadic - 02-12-2019

(02-12-2019, 10:36 AM)runningtherace2 Wrote: Hey y'all...
Quick Q: I need to take a quick-ish study.com course within 2 weeks (and be DONE with it by then).
Was going to take Eng. 105: College Composition II final exam off Study.com today or tomorrow...started it around a month ago-- frustrating because I was only going to take like 2 weeks to do it, and the course itself was quick, but the 2 papers and research proposal took much, much longer than anticipated. (My major is English from TESU...took Coll. Comp I CLEP a while back without the essay)
Have heard that Intro to Computing is a good/easier one. Just something that does NOT involve writing assignment...just the lessons, quizzes, and final exam. And I'm fine with LL credits at this point.

Any thoughts??
Library science is really fast. The LL Vietnam war history course, and the workplace communication course are all really short.