Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: CLEP, DSST, and TECEP Exam Discussion. Also Modern States and InstantCert. (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-CLEP-DSST-and-TECEP-Exam-Discussion-Also-Modern-States-and-InstantCert)
+--- Thread: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST (/Thread-College-Composition-Modular-CLEP-and-Principles-of-Advance-English-Composition-DSST)

College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - TacticalTechie - 08-28-2017

Has anyone taken both the College Composition Modular CLEP and the Principles of Advanced English Composition DSST? Do these tests require any essays? If not, would this combination satisfy both English Composition 101 and 102 requirements, say in a TESU BSBA, without having to write anything at all?

I have a friend who's not really big into writing, so if this works out I'm sure he'd be pretty happy.

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - dfrecore - 08-28-2017

Those are both multiple-choice exams, no writing at all. They will work for TESU's English Comp I & II.

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - elenlushk - 10-25-2018

(08-28-2017, 11:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Those are both multiple-choice exams, no writing at all. They will work for TESU's English Comp I & II.

I have the same question today, would this work for COSC’s BSBA written communication requirement too?
Getting six credits this way instead of doing full Clep composition, so i avoid the essay with advanced comp DSST covering composition 102 for COSC?

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - geissingert - 05-17-2019

(08-28-2017, 11:02 PM)TacticalTechie Wrote: Has anyone taken both the College Composition Modular CLEP and the Principles of Advanced English Composition DSST? Do these tests require any essays? If not, would this combination satisfy both English Composition 101 and 102 requirements, say in a TESU BSBA, without having to write anything at all?

I have a friend who's not really big into writing, so if this works out I'm sure he'd be pretty happy.

Will this work for Charter Oak? Please let me know.

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - nosey561 - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 10:53 AM)geissingert Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 11:02 PM)TacticalTechie Wrote: Has anyone taken both the College Composition Modular CLEP and the Principles of Advanced English Composition DSST? Do these tests require any essays? If not, would this combination satisfy both English Composition 101 and 102 requirements, say in a TESU BSBA, without having to write anything at all?

COSC does not accept the CLEP modular exam,but TESU will. I  think COSC will accept the DSST as a 2nd English course,but still requires the 1st semester of college composition.
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/current/sources_credit/master-exam-list.pdf

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - geissingert - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 04:48 PM)nosey561 Wrote:

COSC does not accept the CLEP modular exam,but TESU will. I  think COSC will accept the DSST as a 2nd English course,but still requires the 1st semester of college composition.
Does technical writing count as an English?

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - nosey561 - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 07:43 PM)geissingert Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 04:48 PM)nosey561 Wrote:

Does technical writing count as an English?
It counts as a 2nd English course, but I believe COSC still requires the 1st semester of college composition.Writing essays is critical at COSC - the cornerstone is all about writing essays.In summary,COSC requires ENG 101 as a course or exam which consists of essays.Likewise,COSC requires a communications course or exam in which you give an actual speech.

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - FishNDip - 08-14-2019

If I did English composition (with essay), would that fill up ENC 101 and ENC- 102?
if it did, I'd only have to do 1 English class instead of two, right?

RE: College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST - BrighterFuture88 - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 11:22 AM)FishNDip Wrote: If I did English composition (with essay), would that fill up ENC 101 and ENC- 102?
if it did, I'd only have to do 1 English class instead of two, right?

College Composition counts as 6 credits, so that would be your English Comp I & II at TESU.