Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
WGU MBA in one term - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WGU MBA in one term (/Thread-WGU-MBA-in-one-term)

WGU MBA in one term - kalishakti - 09-29-2017

Has anyone completed the WGU MBA in one term? Is it possible?

RE: WGU MBA in one term - videogamesrock - 09-29-2017

Yes someone on this board has.

RE: WGU MBA in one term - RANSOMSOUL - 09-29-2017

There are several people on the forum that have under the old format (writing assignments only) and a couple of people who have with the new mixed combination of writing assignments and exams.

Here's a helpful blog that walks through a 4.5 month run at completing an MBA with WGU:
http://felixwong.com/2015/04/how-i-did-an-accelerated-online-mba-program-in-months-at-wgu/

With hard work and great time management, it is definitely possible to finish in 1 term. Since the majority of the courses are exams, once you have a strong understanding of the course material, you can really move through the program fast.

RE: WGU MBA in one term - managerman - 10-05-2017

(09-29-2017, 04:16 PM)kalishakti Wrote: Has anyone completed the WGU MBA in one term? Is it possible?

I did it in less than 5 months, It's possible.

RE: WGU MBA in one term - gingerbeefE - 10-07-2017

I was on track to complete in one term and it is very possible. However, It took me ~ 9 months. I took a few long breaks between courses and decided to not rush to complete in one term for two reasons.
1. I thought it would look fishy on a resume that I complete a MBA in 6 months.
2. Between the military TA and scholarships, it didn't cost me a dime to extend to a second term.

RE: WGU MBA in one term - RANSOMSOUL - 10-07-2017

Excellent score with financial aid. WGU & the luxury of being able to take your time must have been a really nice experience. For most trying to complete their degrees in 1 term, you're thankful for WGU but the overall experience can feel like a pressing blur!

RE: WGU MBA in one term - dfrecore - 10-08-2017

(10-07-2017, 07:52 PM)gingerbeefE Wrote: I was on track to complete in one term and it is very possible. However, It took me ~ 9 months. I took a few long breaks between courses and decided to not rush to complete in one term for two reasons.
2. Between the military TA and scholarships, it didn't cost me a dime to extend to a second term.

How would anyone know that you'd completed it in 6 months?  Lots of MBA or Masters programs are 9-12 months, so graduating within a year of getting your degree wouldn't be unheard of.

Plus, I'm not a believer in putting my graduation dates on my resume, so I'm thinking no one would know what I did or how quickly.

RE: WGU MBA in one term - sanantone - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 12:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 07:52 PM)gingerbeefE Wrote: I was on track to complete in one term and it is very possible. However, It took me ~ 9 months. I took a few long breaks between courses and decided to not rush to complete in one term for two reasons.

How would anyone know that you'd completed it in 6 months?  Lots of MBA or Masters programs are 9-12 months, so graduating within a year of getting your degree wouldn't be unheard of.

Plus, I'm not a believer in putting my graduation dates on my resume, so I'm thinking no one would know what I did or how quickly.

Many jobs require applications, and some applications require attendance dates. I had one employer ask me how I graduated from TESU in six months. Fortunately for me, I could say that I transferred most of my credits from previous colleges attended.

RE: WGU MBA in one term - cookderosa - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 02:46 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 12:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Many jobs require applications, and some applications require attendance dates. I had one employer ask me how I graduated from TESU in six months. Fortunately for me, I could say that I transferred most of my credits from previous colleges attended.

I've encountered applications that asked for dates of attendance as well. (but my resume does not list dates next to my degrees)