Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? (/Thread-TESU-Upper-Level-Requirements-Area-of-Study)

TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - Silly_Me - 10-21-2017

I'm curious to know if the 18 upper-level credits for a degree at TESU have to be in the area of study, or can they be distributed anywhere in the degree (electives, general education, etc)?  

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - jsd - 10-21-2017

They need to be in the AOS.

Generals Ed requirements, gen Ed electives, and free electives don't count. However, if your degree has AOS electives, those DO count.

Remember you get three from the capstone.

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - aviator guy - 10-21-2017

Which degree?

The BSBA has a requirement for 12 upper level credits; the BALS requires 15.

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - Silly_Me - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 02:24 PM)aviator guy Wrote: Which degree?

The BSBA has a requirement for 12 upper level credits; the BALS requires 15.

Undecided.  I'm looking at Psychology as a possibility or some other degree with enough electives to let me fill it up with tons of science courses.  Really, I'm just weighing my options.

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - bjcheung77 - 10-21-2017

It doesn't matter which degree. The AOS must be UL with 15 credits and the capstone.
Most other colleges/universities, require at minimum 30 credits in that AOS vs at TESU.

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - aviator guy - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 05:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It doesn't matter which degree. The AOS must be UL with 15 credits and the capstone.
Most other colleges/universities, require at minimum 30 credits in that AOS vs at TESU.

Just curious, when did they change it for the BSBA?

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - dfrecore - 10-29-2017

(10-21-2017, 05:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It doesn't matter which degree.  The AOS must be UL with 15 credits and the capstone.

The BSBA only requires 12cr of UL in the AOS.

Of course, many of the core courses usually come in as UL, and the Capstone will obviously be UL, but it doesn't matter - those don't count.  And if you took all of those courses through a CC, then you still would only need 12cr of UL in the AOS.

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - harrypotter - 11-09-2019

Only 9 upper level credits (instead of the usual 15) needed for the following BA Liberal Studies Concentrations: Communications, Criminal Justice, and Health & Wellness. Am I seeing this correctly/ is there some catch?

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - natshar - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 07:59 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Only 9 upper level credits (instead of the usual 15) needed for the following BA Liberal Studies Concentrations: Communications, Criminal Justice, and Health & Wellness. Am I seeing this correctly/ is there some catch?

No remaining UL would be UL liberal studies courses.

RE: TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? - dfrecore - 11-10-2019

(11-09-2019, 08:45 PM)natshar Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 07:59 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Only 9 upper level credits (instead of the usual 15) needed for the following BA Liberal Studies Concentrations: Communications, Criminal Justice, and Health & Wellness. Am I seeing this correctly/ is there some catch?

No remaining UL would be UL liberal studies courses.

Yes, you still need 18cr of UL, but 9cr UL would be in the concentration, and then you'd need 6cr of UL from other Liberal Arts courses, and then the 3cr capstone.