Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! (/Thread-You-can-use-Study-com-BUS-120-for-Business-Society-Requirement)

You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - lca88 - 11-30-2017

So I asked the Registrar if I could take Study.com BUS-120 International Management course to fulfill the Business/Society requirement under the Professional Business Requirements for the BSBA in General Management. I asked because I saw that it was NCCRS approved and I really didn't want to take study.com's course BUS-308 Globalization and International Management because that has written assignments and I think their assignments are a pain in the ass and aren't explained very well.

Anyways, TESU did say that I could take BUS-120 and that it will come in as MAN-271 International Business Management and fulfill the Business/Society requirement. Yay so happy! Big Grin

If this information has already been posted somewhere then my apologies.

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - dfrecore - 12-01-2017

I was just wondering about this! Just advised someone to take it - why take a harder course if you don't have to!

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - azt579 - 12-02-2017

That's odd. I asked TESU about this course about a month ago.

My question:
Will Study.Com's International Business, Business 120 course fulfill the International Management requirement?

TESU response:
"We have solved your issue

Good afternoon,

I hope you had a good weekend. Unfortunately, we do not accept Study.com's International Business credit."

Has anyone else gotten this course approved? Maybe I'll check back with TESU about it.

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - keepsingin - 12-03-2017

This is really awesome news! I'll email TESU as well so we can see how many yes's we can get so we're more sure lol

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - dfrecore - 12-03-2017

(12-02-2017, 06:18 PM)Btaylor89 Wrote: That's odd. I asked TESU about this course about a month ago.

My question:
Will Study.Com's International Business, Business 120 course fulfill the International Management requirement?

TESU response:
"We have solved your issue

Good afternoon,

I hope you had a good weekend. Unfortunately, we do not accept Study.com's International Business credit."

Has anyone else gotten this course approved? Maybe I'll check back with TESU about it.

It's a fairly recent addition, so maybe when you asked it wasn't ACE-approved yet? Or the person at TESU didn't know it was ACE-approved?

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - pugmomx2 - 12-04-2017

I was told this morning that Study.com BUS-120 would work for the Business/Society requirement:

My question:  Would the Study.com BUS-120 International Management course fulfill the Business/Society requirement under the Professional Business Requirements for the BSBA in Accounting?

TESU answer:  Thank you for contacting the Office of Academic Advising.
The Study.com course Business 120 International Management can transfer as MAN-271 Introduction to International Management and can be used to completed the Business in Society/International Management requirement in the Business Core section of your degree.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - keepsingin - 12-04-2017

They also confirmed the exact same thing with me, that it's accepted for Bus/Society req, transfers in as MAN 271. Awesome!

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - afiabanks - 12-05-2017

i just spoke with an advisor and she confirmed that study.com Business 120 will fulfill Business/Society core!!.

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - Toastmaster - 12-14-2017

Wish I knew about this when I first took 308! It probably wasn't available though, because that was sometimes last year. :-) Great find OP!

RE: You can use Study.com BUS-120 for Business/Society Requirement!! - keepsingin - 01-23-2018

Just some feedback for this course, International Management, through Study.com...it's GREAT, I recommend it to everyone for the Biz/Society requirement. Because of all the other related biz courses I've taken, I was able to power through it w/o too much difficulty. I did this course over Christmas break, maybe 3-5 nights of study and review, scored 94, although I'd venture a guess that it could take longer for someone unfamiliar with the material, but it's definitely doable, so go for it! TESU accepted it and put it in the Biz/Society requirement.