Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP (/Thread-Pass-Rate-English-Comp-I-TECEP)

Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - keepsingin - 01-07-2018

I have English Comp I & II left to take, and need to register for a TECEP now to keep my enrollment from lapsing. I had thought it was 60%, but I just saw that the passing grade is 70% for both of those TECEPs. I figured I'll take the Eng Comp I TECEP. Any tips/specific study resources for making it past that margin to ensure a passing grade?

I had also thought of taking the Lib Arts Math TECEP instead just because I know I could pass that without risking my enrollment lapsing (plus I'm set for June graduation). Of course, it would be a waste of credits, basically just $120 of insurance lol. And then I would knock out Comp I & II with the CLEP and DSST. 

I've gotten As on my papers for the last two semesters but have never had the kind of time limits in the Comp TECEP. Am I just completely overthinking this whole deal?!

RE: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - dfrecore - 01-07-2018

I thought the English Comp II TECEP was pretty easy, and didn't even study for it. I say, if you've been used to writing papers, and have scored A's, then it's an easy test for you to take. Go for it.

RE: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - ajs1976a - 01-08-2018

If you are used to writing papers, just take Comp I. It is not a big deal.

RE: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - RANSOMSOUL - 01-08-2018

Cosign English Comp II TECEP - my daughter (19) took this cold and afterward shared that she wishes all exams were at this level.

RE: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - dfrecore - 01-08-2018

(01-08-2018, 11:32 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Cosign English Comp II TECEP - my daughter (19) took this cold and afterward shared that she wishes all exams were at this level.

AND...that's why it's Freshman English!  I wish all exams were this easy as well...sigh...   Tongue

RE: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - keepsingin - 01-09-2018

Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll go ahead and register for it then.

RE: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - keepsingin - 03-13-2018

Does anyone remember the 5x5 essay strategy that someone posted a while back? I can't find it, it was something like 5x5 block essay writing for dummies, real simple and to the point, I think each of the five bullet-points had 5 questions each, something that would work for me.

I'm scheduled to take this English Comp I tecep in two days and I know it's considered an easy exam, but I have writer's block x100, and I'm pretty horrible at writing within a time-limit. A deadline's a deadline, though, so gotta get er done. It's one of my last exams before Apr 1st graduation application deadline, so I may also take College Comp Modular next week, since tesu takes around two weeks to grade the essay-based exams, unless maybe I could convince tesu to expedite their grading, do y'all think they would do something like that?

RE: Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP - keokat - 07-15-2018

(03-13-2018, 04:42 PM)keepsingin Wrote: Does anyone remember the 5x5 essay strategy that someone posted a while back? I can't find it, it was something like 5x5 block essay writing for dummies, real simple and to the point, I think each of the five bullet-points had 5 questions each, something that would work for me.

I'm scheduled to take this English Comp I tecep in two days and I know it's considered an easy exam, but I have writer's block x100, and I'm pretty horrible at writing within a time-limit. A deadline's a deadline, though, so gotta get er done.   It's one of my last exams before Apr 1st graduation application deadline, so I may also take College Comp Modular next week, since tesu takes around two weeks to grade the essay-based exams, unless maybe I could convince tesu to expedite their grading, do y'all think they would do something like that?

Any feedback on this TECEP? I'll be taking it next week also.  Thanks!