Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? (/Thread-With-all-this-spooky-talk-of-changes-should-I-go-ahead-and-get-started-with-TESU)

Pages: 1 2 3

With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - leland.kirk - 01-12-2018

The goal is an English BA within the next four or five months, but I only have like 12cr so far. Just getting started. Should I go ahead and apply and then send a new transcript every few courses?

Sorry if I'm not making sense, sleep deprivation. 
Thanks in advance!

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - originalamyj - 01-12-2018

I would. It’s a good idea to lock down your catalog. I am enrolling myself in the next month with a TECEP.

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - davewill - 01-12-2018

Yes, in general, that is a good plan. Things don't really change too quickly, but late spring is the main time that things do. How often you send transcripts is a function of your need for surety/reassurance and the significance of the extra transcript fees to your finances.

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - dfrecore - 01-12-2018

Specifically for the degree in English, I would take those UL (per TESU) Shmoop courses, and then enroll and transfer them in. After that, you're probably fine, as Gen Ed's and LL AOS courses won't be an issue.

Get those UL Shmoop courses on your transcript and into your degree plan ASAP!!

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - leland.kirk - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 01:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Specifically for the degree in English, I would take those UL (per TESU) Shmoop courses, and then enroll and transfer them in.  After that, you're probably fine, as Gen Ed's and LL AOS courses won't be an issue.

Get those UL Shmoop courses on your transcript and into your degree plan ASAP!!

Thank you! All of you!

I just applied and paid the application fee, and I'll be on top of those Shmoop ULs!

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - Ideas - 01-12-2018

You may need to take a TECEP soon to be enrolled. Do one that you can't get elsewhere cheaply.

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - Pelican - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 03:16 PM)Ideas Wrote: You may need to take a TECEP soon to be enrolled. Do one that you can't get elsewhere cheaply.

What is the reason for taking a TECEP? Does that lock in the tuition prices/Study.com discount price?

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - originalamyj - 01-12-2018

Taking course (or TECEP) through TESU is how you actually enroll. The application fee is just to apply. You aren’t enrolled as a matriculating student until you take your first course or TECEP.

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - leland.kirk - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 03:16 PM)Ideas Wrote: You may need to take a TECEP soon to be enrolled. Do one that you can't get elsewhere cheaply.

Any particular ones you might recommend?

RE: With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU? - Ideas - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 06:20 PM)leland.kirk Wrote:

Any particular ones you might recommend?

Actually, for an English degree, I think the TECEP credits that you can use are available through the cheaper sources. Maybe Eng Comp II if you don't already have that or Technical Writing.