Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML (/Thread-Anything-I-can-work-on-now-while-i-wait-to-apply-to-WGU-MSML)

Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - BearEDU - 01-25-2018

Hey

I'm still waiting a bit for my mentor to finish grading my finals paper and for TESU to finish going through my graduation application after that. I plan to attend WGU for a MSML. I sort of had gotten into a habit of writing an essay a week but now since class is done it feels weird and was wondering if there is something I can be doing to prepare for MSML? I know MSML capstone has a final paper about a task or problem in a business? So I spoken to a business that was having issues with crafting and executing strategies. all they have  is their mission or a goal but needs help crafting and executing strategies to hit those performance numbers. I was thinking this would be an amazing opportunity to take and try to help them out and see if i can use it in my capstone in the future. I was wondering if anyone that have completed their MSML capstone know sort of what are the reqiurements are? And if somethign like this fits in..

I feel fairly excited over this. The business only worries about it being kept private which i think i read we use a different company name? Does WGU need proof from the business as well?

if not curious what other things can i be working on to prepare myself for the WGU MSML. 

I know this is a sort of silly idea lol.

Thank you guys for your help in the past and advice that was given to me.

RE: Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - Lewis.Yim - 01-25-2018

Hi. I am looking into this as well. BTW, what's wrong with the "mathy classes".
I think there's only one course that requires some bit of "quantitative analysis".
Other than that, I think most of the courses are like an undergrad "capstone" mashed into a course.

Can those who have completed these courses from the MBA or MSML give us a detailed review?
Writing...writing...writing... and you guessed it, more writing and presentations.
Any further insights and information would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

RE: Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - RANSOMSOUL - 01-25-2018

Check out the thread on the MSML program - at this point, there are 3 graduates who have posted about their experience and a new student contributing who is very close to graduating. All within the thread completed the program in 1 term.

Good luck!

RE: Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - BearEDU - 01-26-2018

(01-25-2018, 11:15 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Check out the thread on the MSML program - at this point, there are 3 graduates who have posted about their experience and a new student contributing who is very close to graduating. All within the thread completed the program in 1 term.

Good luck!

thanks! amazing thread going to move my questions over there instead.

RE: Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - amilitab4k9 - 01-27-2018

It seems that a lot of people are intimidated by Data-Driven Decision Making. You could go through a Statistics course on coursera or another MOOC to prepare/refresh yourself while you wait to be able to start. That's what I'll probably do when my turn comes.

RE: Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - bjcheung77 - 01-31-2018

There really isn't too much to prepare oneself for these courses, your BSBA is preparation enough. I would take each course as it comes and work through it as if it was a "Bachelors Capstone". The effort and time you place into it will result in better grades. I wouldn't let one course hold me down, if I wanted more practice in that course, I would just review similar FREE courses online, for practice/preview!

RE: Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML - BearEDU - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 12:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There really isn't too much to prepare oneself for these courses, your BSBA is preparation enough.  I would take each course as it comes and work through it as if it was a "Bachelors Capstone".   The effort and time you place into it will result in better grades.  I wouldn't let one course hold me down, if I wanted more practice in that course, I would just review similar FREE courses online, for practice/preview!

yea the BSBA really does prepare you to write like crazy. I actually wrote more than the minimum in that course. Now just hoping they process my graduation application faster =). Trying to get a raise at work with the degree lol