Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy (/Thread-Study-com-Library-Science-101-Information-Literacy)

Pages: 1 2

Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - badooble - 03-06-2018

Library Science 101: Information Literacy from Study.com was just placed on my TESU evaluation as LIS-101 Intro. to Library Resources, and it was placed in my Information Literacy requirement.  

This is a short, easy class from Study.com that still manages to be informative.  Only 43 quizzes and the final.

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - MNomadic - 03-06-2018

That is very useful to know. I was just looking for information literacy requirements that could be met with study.com

Thanks!

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - icampy - 03-06-2018

Hmm, so this would fulfill a gen ed elective slot. Nice.

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - jsh1138 - 03-08-2018

if you've done English Comp 1 and 2 through Study.com, it fills this one in about halfway, so its even less work for the credits

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - MNomadic - 03-08-2018

Nice! yeah I'm halfway through english comp 2 and noticed that.

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - dfrecore - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 12:51 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: if you've done English Comp 1 and 2 through Study.com, it fills this one in about halfway, so its even less work for the credits

It also works the other way around - if you do this course, it fills in English Comp 1 & 2, leaving those with less work to do.

That's why I always advise (with Study.com) taking courses with some duplicate material.

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - MNomadic - 03-12-2018

I inquired with TESU academic advising about the upcoming classes I intend to take and here was my response regarding library science:
"Library Science 101: Information Literacy (SDCM0131) does not apply to the Information Literacy requirement based on content"
Sad

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - Merlin - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 11:46 AM)MNomadic Wrote: I inquired with TESU academic advising about the upcoming classes I intend to take and here was my response regarding library science:
"Library Science 101: Information Literacy (SDCM0131) does not apply to the Information Literacy requirement based on content"
Sad

You may get different answers from different advisors since I don't think they have established a final assessment on the course yet. The OP in this thread posted that they took the course and after it was officially assessed it was slotted into the Info Lit GE requirement, so YMMV.

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - xjarhead1999 - 03-15-2018

I know not many here go to Ashford, but anyone that does, this class fulfilled the Information Literacy requirement for me.

RE: Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy - badooble - 03-15-2018

Very cool. Good to hear.