Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS (/Thread-Easiest-Study-com-UL-for-TESU-BALS)

Pages: 1 2 3

Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - Johmford - 03-13-2018

What is the easiest UL for the TESU BALS that I can do at study.com?

I define easy as: common sensical(things I probably already know) and/or easy to learn.

I am a fan of subjects where really reading the question and answers can lead you to passing.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - Paramedic12 - 04-18-2018

Currently trying to compile a list of possible study.com options. Obviously the five shmoop courses are well known but study.com seems like the next best option.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - Merlin - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 11:09 AM)Paramedic12 Wrote: Currently trying to compile a list of possible study.com options. Obviously the five shmoop courses are well known but study.com seems like the next best option.

FYI, those Shmoop courses may no longer be UL at TESU after the downgrade since they are are all LL recommended by ACE. So, don't count on that. Study.com is the best place for reliable UL credit options for a BALS.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - dfrecore - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 05:32 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 11:09 AM)Paramedic12 Wrote: Currently trying to compile a list of possible study.com options. Obviously the five shmoop courses are well known but study.com seems like the next best option.

FYI, those Shmoop courses may no longer be UL at TESU after the downgrade since they are are all LL recommended by ACE. So, don't count on that. Study.com is the best place for reliable UL credit options for a BALS.

There hasn't been a downgrade that we're aware of, but if I was going to do Shmoop for the UL courses, I would do them sooner rather than later, and then get them safely transferred to TESU ASAP.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - Merlin - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 06:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 05:32 PM)Merlin Wrote:

There hasn't been a downgrade that we're aware of, but if I was going to do Shmoop for the UL courses, I would do them sooner rather than later, and then get them safely transferred to TESU ASAP.

Right... haven't seen anyone submit those courses recently so we don't know, but given the other courses that have been downgraded, I am assuming they will be downgraded if it hasn't already happened. I wouldn't count on them being UL, or at least not for much longer. It would suck if someone does them counting on UL credits and then finds out they're all LL now.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - jsh1138 - 04-18-2018

You could try English 305: Advanced Technical Writing

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - knaves - 04-18-2018

TESU transcripted all six upper level English courses from Shmoop for me within the last week. They all came in the same as reported by everyone else on the forum.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - Cheeseburrito - 04-19-2018

If you do the psych courses you get a lot of overlap on the quizzes for the UL which saves a ton of time. They're also enjoyable, or at least are for me.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - dfrecore - 04-19-2018

(04-18-2018, 07:54 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: You could try English 305: Advanced Technical Writing

This comes in as ENG-201, so not UL.

RE: Easiest Study.com UL for TESU BALS - allvia - 04-19-2018

(04-19-2018, 01:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 07:54 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: You could try English 305: Advanced Technical Writing

This comes in as ENG-201, so not UL.

On Study.com it shows the transfer agreement of English 305: Advanced Technical Writing coming into TESU as  ENG-306 : Intermediate Technical Writing  (https://study.com/directory/school/Thomas_Edison_State_University.html#transferTab) - Which also means it wouldn't be able to fulfill the Written Communication requirement, which is unfortunate - but good news that it is UL for English.