Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
This is why you add it to your ACE account - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: This is why you add it to your ACE account (/Thread-This-is-why-you-add-it-to-your-ACE-account)

This is why you add it to your ACE account - allvia - 03-22-2018

Due to the recent changes of ACE approved course providers sending transcripts direct to schools I've seen quite a few postings of people asking what is the benefit of adding it to ACE at all.  I have an example of the why.  Last summer I took a course through Study.com, completed it and then added it to my ACE - it came is as an UL in my AOS.  That same course had a revamp when it's ACE renewal came due in the fall of the same year and now when I log into my Study.com it shows the course only 68% complete (it appears the newer version has extra projects) - if I had not had it added to my ACE account when I did complete it (before the revamp) I would not have any way of proving I had earned those credits. 

In my experience it's always better to add it, no good reason not to, and it's free to do so - so why wouldn't you.

RE: This is why you add it to your ACE account - davewill - 03-22-2018

Good advice. Although, in your shoes, I would still be all over Study.com to correct their records to show that you completed the course. You never know when you might need to have them send a transcript somewhere.

RE: This is why you add it to your ACE account - dfrecore - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 03:32 PM)allvia Wrote: ...I've seen quite a few postings of people asking what is the benefit of adding it to ACE at all.  

In my experience it's always better to add it, no good reason not to, and it's free to do so - so why wouldn't you.

I 100% agree with this.  Why WOULDN'T you add it to your ACE transcript?

RE: This is why you add it to your ACE account - scout2family - 03-22-2018

I add each class to my ACE transcript right after I finish the final. After struggling with one of my courses at Shmoop (imagine that Wink) I managed to get a 70% overall after exhausting my available re-takes. The following week after reviewing all of my courses/grades at Shmoop I noticed that one class was now reflecting a 69%! I don't know what changed on their end, but I quickly logged into ACE and confirmed it recorded onto my transcript. Not sure what happened or why, but I DO KNOW I will continue recording finished classes promptly!

RE: This is why you add it to your ACE account - cookderosa - 03-23-2018

So, here's a million dollar question... assuming you went into your study account and "finished" the course under current standards, would you get a second course under ACE? I suspect you might...