Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com new UL CS courses - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com new UL CS courses (/Thread-Study-com-new-UL-CS-courses)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Study.com new UL CS courses - homeschoolmom1 - 04-15-2018

Is it true that Study.com Systems Analysis and Database Management do not have any projects, essays or other assignments? I could not find any in the syllabus.

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - Merlin - 04-15-2018

(04-15-2018, 03:45 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Is it true that Study.com Systems Analysis and Database Management do not have any projects, essays or other assignments? I could not find any in the syllabus.

I didn't see any either. But it would be odd for a 300-level course not to have them.

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - xjarhead1999 - 04-15-2018

I just looked and have about 30% of the quizzes already completed. I think I'll go ahead and finish these two as there aren't a lot of quizzes total, 70 and 72 quizzes. It doesn't show any projects or assignments for me.

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - dfrecore - 04-15-2018

The syllabus seems to be missing from these courses, as it doesn't show how the course is graded. I would check with Study.com to see what they say (they're pretty good at responding to questions on their website).

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - jsh1138 - 04-15-2018

they don't show any. i'm working on the new LL CS courses now, and i'll do the UL ones sometime in the next 2 weeks. if you're not in a hurry i'll let you know how it goes

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - Merlin - 04-15-2018

(04-15-2018, 12:58 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: they don't show any. i'm working on the new LL CS courses now, and i'll do the UL ones sometime in the next 2 weeks. if you're not in a hurry i'll let you know how it goes

I've started the Systems Analysis course and don't see any either. I guess we'll see when exam-taking time rolls around.

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - Pelican - 04-15-2018

With the addition of these new CS courses, is it now possible to complete a really affordable CS degree from TESU? This will take care of half of the requirements, right? I deleted my CS degree plan, as I couldn't find enough affordable courses. What other cheap solutions are you using to fulfill the remaining classes?

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - mvk - 04-15-2018

I emailed TESU academic advising for pre-approval (in My BSBA CIS) for both 

Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis& Design 
Computer Science 303: Database Management 

Got this reply 

“I hope this email finds you well. Unfortunately, we do not accept either of those study.com courses.” 

I emailed study.com too but waiting for the reply, will update!!

Study.com new UL CS courses - Merlin - 04-15-2018

That is expected. Those courses are not part of the existing transfer agreement and since they are so new, nobody has transferred them in yet.

Until someone transfers them into TESU, the evaluators won't look at the courses to establish an equivalency (which takes about a month).

Since they're ACE recommended, it's pretty likely that TESU will accept them. The question is what they'll transfer as.

I and others plan to take the courses either way, so we'll soon see what TESU does with them.

RE: Study.com new UL CS courses - mvk - 04-15-2018

(04-15-2018, 10:25 PM)Merlin Wrote: That is expected. Those courses are not part of the existing transfer agreement and since they are so new, nobody has transferred them in yet.

Until someone transfers them into TESU, the evaluators won't look at the courses to establish an equivalency (which takes about a month).

Since they're ACE recommended, it's pretty likely that TESU will accept them. The question is what they'll transfer as.

I and others plan to take the courses either way, so we'll soon see what TESU does with them.

I agree.  I think the same. I would love to take these 2 instead of MIS350EX and MIS440EX