Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
institutes and sophia transcript - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: institutes and sophia transcript (/Thread-institutes-and-sophia-transcript)

institutes and sophia transcript - shendaddy - 04-17-2018

Hi

1. I need to send transcripts for the ethics and developing effective teams courses. 
the institutes shows it charges $20 for 1 copy of the course..just to clarify is that correct(maybe im so use to just sending them via straighterline, im surprised at the cost for a 1 credit course) ?

2. how do i send a transcript from sophia to TESU?

RE: institutes and sophia transcript - Merlin - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 05:53 PM)shendaddy Wrote: Hi

1. I need to send transcripts for the ethics and developing effective teams courses. 
the institutes shows it charges $20 for 1 copy of the course..just to clarify is that correct(maybe im so use to just sending them via straighterline, im surprised at the cost for a 1 credit course) ?

2. how do i send a transcript from sophia to TESU?

Normally you would add the courses to your ACE transcript and then send the ACE transcript (along with anything else you have on there) to your school for evaluation purposes. This would apply for any non-college courses taken, including The Institutes and Sophia.

TESU requires direct transcripts from colleges and recently started requiring them from Study.com (and maybe Straighterline) as well, but as far as I know, they don't require transcripts from any other providers. However, if you need a transcript from Sophia, you'll probably need to reach out to them directly. I think they transcript everything via ACE by default.

RE: institutes and sophia transcript - shendaddy - 04-17-2018

Merlin,
i noticed you took the same courses. how did you send them(unless you haven't requested them yet) ?
it doesn't give me an option to send them via ace(the ethics one)..and i emailed sophia..

RE: institutes and sophia transcript - Merlin - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 06:07 PM)shendaddy Wrote: Merlin,
i noticed you took the same courses. how did you send them(unless you haven't requested them yet) ?
it doesn't give me an option to send them via ace(the ethics one)..and i emailed sophia..

I transcripted them via ACE and then sent the ACE transcripts to TESU.

To do that you need to "pull" them via ACE. Assuming you already have an ACE account, you log into ACE and do a search for the courses and request to add them to your transcript. This sends a message to the provider to confirm you took the course, the date it was completed, and that you received a passing score. Once validated it goes on your permanent ACE transcript. You can send the ACE transcript to any school via the web form. It costs a little money (like $15 or $20) so I don't suggest doing it very often, but it works.

Btw, all the ACE recommended courses you take can be placed on the transcript, and when you send it to a college they all get sent. So its a nice way to keep a permanent record.

RE: institutes and sophia transcript - shendaddy - 04-17-2018

that makes sense..thank you my friend

RE: institutes and sophia transcript - mudball - 04-18-2018

Sophia does send free transcripts out to colleges, but TESU does not accept them directly from Sophia. The courses must go on your ACE account and then to TESU.

RE: institutes and sophia transcript - TheMaskedMutant - 04-21-2019

(04-17-2018, 06:12 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 06:07 PM)shendaddy Wrote: Merlin,

I transcripted them via ACE and then sent the ACE transcripts to TESU.

To do that you need to "pull" them via ACE. Assuming you already have an ACE account, you log into ACE and do a search for the courses and request to add them to your transcript. This sends a message to the provider to confirm you took the course, the date it was completed, and that you received a passing score. Once validated it goes on your permanent ACE transcript. You can send the ACE transcript to any school via the web form. It costs a little money (like $15 or $20) so I don't suggest doing it very often, but it works.

Btw, all the ACE recommended courses you take can be placed on the transcript, and when you send it to a college they all get sent. So its a nice way to keep a permanent record.

I know this is very old, but this post helped get me in the right direction for getting the Sophia courses ready for submission.  Thanks for the information.  I thought the ACE account process would be painful or costly, but it went smoother and free(er) than I thought it would.

For anyone else who happens to comes across this post later down the road, the current ACE account creation link is: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseaction=transcripts.main

It could change in the future though.

RE: institutes and sophia transcript - eriehiker - 04-21-2019

Thank you for your post, Mutant.