Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses (/Thread-University-of-Phoenix-Sophia-site-Free-foundations-courses)

University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - MNomadic - 04-20-2018

The university of phoenix sophia partner site has all three foundations classes listed for free, in addition to the 1 credit courses that are free for everyone.

I included the ACE credit recommendation.

Foundations of English Composition: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in english composition (3/16).

Foundations of College Algebra: In the vocational category, 3 semester hours in mathematics (Beginning Algebra) (3/16)

Foundations of Statistics: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in mathematics (3/16).

Developing Effective Teams: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in business or management (10/16).

Essentials of Managing Conflict: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in introduction to conflict management (12/17).

*Disclaimer: These may be considered remedial by some colleges and may not fill degree requirements. 

https://phoenix.sophia.org/home

The prices of these courses occasionally fluctuate so I would hop on this if you need/want any of these classes.

By the way, does anyone know if you can stack the discount codes? If I can get a $50 coupon after each course... that adds up to paying for another course potentially...

I checked all the partner sophia sites again and found that the Excelsior one offers one of their new courses for $149

Ancient Greek Philosophers: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in philosophy or humanities (3/18).

Also of note is this:

Excelsior College has teamed up with Sophia to offer students a 20% TUITION DISCOUNT on Excelsior Degree programs. Take two or more Sophia Courses for College Credit to qualify for partner pricing at Excelsior.

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - xjarhead1999 - 04-21-2018

At the ashford.sophia.com the foundation courses are $49 each. You can get them free due to $50 coupons from finishing courses.
You can't stack the coupon codes from what I have seen.

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - roma-13- - 04-21-2018

If someone finish these courses, they can be added to ace transcript?

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - eriehiker - 04-21-2018

Yes. I signed up for two different sophia sites with different emails and they both added to my only ACE transcript.

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - dfrecore - 04-21-2018

(04-21-2018, 03:04 PM)roma-13- Wrote: If someone finish these courses, they can be added to ace transcript?

The issue isn't whether or not they're ACE-recommended (they are); it's if a school will accept them.  That is ALWAYS the case with ACE/NCCRS, not just with these particular courses.

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - roma-13- - 04-21-2018

Yes, but I suppose that TESU will accept them

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - eriehiker - 04-21-2018

With the coupon, the philosophy class would be $100. Is there a cheaper philosophy class somewhere?

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - BSLIONS - 04-21-2018

Am I the only one having trouble with the Phoenix Sophia site? I log in through Facebook but the Phoenix Sophia site doesn't give that option.

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - MNomadic - 04-21-2018

(04-21-2018, 07:02 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: Am I the only one having trouble with the Phoenix Sophia site? I log in through Facebook but the Phoenix Sophia site doesn't give that option.

I made a new account for the Phoenix Sophia site. I used one of my alternate emails.

RE: University of Phoenix Sophia site = Free foundations courses - dfrecore - 04-21-2018

(04-21-2018, 04:37 PM)roma-13- Wrote: Yes, but I suppose that TESU will accept them

I've heard that they won't - they aren't considered college-level courses.  But then, I've also read on here that TESU accepted the Stats course for someone.  So I'm not sure at this point what's going on there.

If they're free, it certainly can't hurt to take them and try.