Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TEEX Courses at TESU - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TEEX Courses at TESU (/Thread-TEEX-Courses-at-TESU)

Pages: 1 2 3

TEEX Courses at TESU - BSLIONS - 05-16-2018

So, I took the three free TEEX courses and got my academic evaluation today at TESU. Two of the TEEX courses came in as the same TESU equivalent so they marked one as a duplicate and didn’t include it in my degree program. Did this happen to anybody else?

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - SDO - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 10:13 AM)BSLIONS Wrote: So, I took the three free TEEX courses and got my academic evaluation today at TESU. Two of the TEEX courses came in as the same TESU equivalent so they marked one as a duplicate and didn’t include it in my degree program. Did this happen to anybody else?

That is a new development. Which two were deemed duplicates?

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - BSLIONS - 05-16-2018

Cyber Security for Business Professionals came in as - CIS-244 Computer Security 
Cyber Security for IT Proessionals and Cyber Security for Everyone came in as - CAP-295 Intro to Security Basics

Which makes zero sense. 

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - Lewis.Yim - 05-16-2018

Did someone make a mistake? Did you have any college credits at the local community college that had to do with Cyber Security?
Maybe they meant it was a duplicate of something you have taken already and not in relation to the two being the same? Strange.

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - MSK9 - 05-16-2018

Call and speak to an academic advisor.. they're super easy to work with, just have your evaluation in front of you for reference.

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - Johmford - 05-16-2018

PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional & BUS-302 Business Ethics and Society are deemed to be duplicates even though they are different courses.

Additionally, my English 113 and English 112 were deemed to be duplicates.

sometimes they do not make logical sense. make sure you ask which course is the duplicate as it is likely not clear in the eval.

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - BSLIONS - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 01:05 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Did someone make a mistake? Did you have any college credits at the local community college that had to do with Cyber Security?
Maybe they meant it was a duplicate of something you have taken already and not in relation to the two being the same? Strange.

It’s definitely those two, I had University of Phoenix courses but none were tech related and all were 3 credits. All these TEEX courses are 2 credits. I’ll probably call them tomorrow to see if they’ll change it. Does anybody have their evaluation of those two as separate so I can reference it?

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - quigongene - 05-16-2018

CAP-295 Intro to Security Basics 07/17/17 CR 2.00 CAP-295
CAP-385 Network Security 07/15/17 CR 2.00 CAP-385
CIS-344 Computer Security 07/20/17 CR 2.00 CIS-344

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - dfrecore - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 01:57 PM)jjsafari Wrote: PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional & BUS-302 Business Ethics and Society are deemed to be duplicates even though they are different courses.

Additionally, my English 113 and English 112 were deemed to be duplicates.

sometimes they do not make logical sense. make sure you ask which course is the duplicate as it is likely not clear in the eval.

The Ethics courses are both considered "business ethics" so that's why they were duplicates.

Your English courses, if you took them both at the same school, should be considered different courses, and I would appeal their decision.  You can send the course info for both of them (one may say 1st semester of English and the other say 2nd semester of English or something to that effect).  Anything that shows that they are not the same is good.

RE: TEEX Courses at TESU - BSLIONS - 05-17-2018

Thanks guys, I gave them a call and they're working on it so hopefully they change it for me.