Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
History Plan? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: History Plan? (/Thread-History-Plan)

History Plan? - Brad3529 - 05-16-2018

Good Afternoon All-
Does anyone have a degree plan in History that is current? I’m trying to get this started and seem to only find old ones. Ultimately, I am trying to get a teacher license through an alternative entry. All online if possible besides capstone. I appreciate any assistance and advise you could give. All the best.

RE: History Plan? - dfrecore - 05-16-2018

I have a TESU plan.  I would just be aware as it approaches that the price for the Capstone and the Residency Waiver will be going up after 6/30.

You may also want to see what a COSC plan looks like, as after 6/30, the pricing (which is already better) will be looking even more doable at COSC.

RE: History Plan? - Brad3529 - 05-16-2018

Thank you for your reply!!! I will try and find out about COSC also- there must be one if there plans floating around on this forum.

Ugggg- “their”

RE: History Plan? - Life Long Learning - 05-16-2018

If I do a 3rd BS it would be a BS in History from Excelsior.  TESU will not. COSC?

RE: History Plan? - Brad3529 - 05-16-2018

Ugggg- “their”

RE: History Plan? - dfrecore - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 05:16 PM)Brad3529 Wrote: Thank you for your reply!!! I will try and find out about COSC also- there must be one if there plans floating around on this forum.

Ugggg- “their”

Not necessarily.  If no one has written one, there won't be one.  I'm one of the first to set up a specific plan on a spreadsheet for different degrees from TESU, but I didn't notice anything similar before I came along (except on the wiki, but not exactly the same).

There's also just a lot less info on here for COSC and EC, because fewer people were using them to get their degrees.  But that may change as time goes along.

RE: History Plan? - Life Long Learning - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 07:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There's also just a lot less info on here for COSC and EC, because fewer people were using them to get their degrees.  But that may change as time goes along.

COSC is tiny at only 12,000 alumni.  

TESU has 50,000 alumni and many students on degreeforum.net.  

Excelsior College with 36,500 students and 167,600 alumni (2017) is the largest.  EC is bigger than TESU and COSC combined twice over.   EC is dominated by two groups or 87% (41% Nurses, 46% military) and they seem not to hang out on degreeforum.net.

RE: History Plan? - dfrecore - 05-17-2018

(05-16-2018, 08:07 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 07:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There's also just a lot less info on here for COSC and EC, because fewer people were using them to get their degrees.  But that may change as time goes along.

COSC is tiny at only 12,000 alumni.  

TESU has 50,000 alumni and many students on degreeforum.net.  

Excelsior College with 36,500 students and 167,600 alumni (2017) is the largest.  EC is bigger than TESU and COSC combined twice over.   EC is dominated by two groups or 87% (41% Nurses, 46% military) and they seem not to hang out on degreeforum.net.

The nursing thing I can understand, as we usually discuss testing out here.  For military, since most are using the GI Bill, they are actually taking courses - so again, we aren't of much use for them.

RE: History Plan? - cookderosa - 05-17-2018

(05-16-2018, 05:16 PM)Brad3529 Wrote: Thank you for your reply!!! I will try and find out about COSC also- there must be one if there plans floating around on this forum.

Ugggg- “their”

When you make and follow a plan, you should share it. That's the ONLY way plans end up floating around this forum. Wink