Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? (/Thread-Physiological-Psychology-at-Coopersmith)

Pages: 1 2

Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - nashpond - 05-17-2018

Hi,

I am getting the end of my BA in psychology from TESU and I have Ethics in the Social Sciences and Physiological Psychology left to finish.  (I am halfway through the Capstone right now!)

I am hoping that all will be resolved soon with the Study.com ethics course so I can use it instead of paying $1000 for the TESU class.

The Coopersmith Physiological Psychology is listed as UL through NCCRS and I need one last UL course, so it looks like this is the one for me.

Does anyone have any experience with Physio Psych at Coopersmith?  The older posts I can find seem to mention that you read a text book and take a final exam?  Is that it?  Anyone else try this course?

Thanks,
Leah

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - jsh1138 - 05-17-2018

I do not know anything about it, but I'm interested in taking it

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - d.cononge - 05-18-2018

(05-17-2018, 11:00 AM)nashpond Wrote: Hi,

I am getting the end of my BA in psychology from TESU and I have Ethics in the Social Sciences and Physiological Psychology left to finish.  (I am halfway through the Capstone right now!)

I am hoping that all will be resolved soon with the Study.com ethics course so I can use it instead of paying $1000 for the TESU class.

The Coopersmith Physiological Psychology is listed as UL through NCCRS and I need one last UL course, so it looks like this is the one for me.

Does anyone have any experience with Physio Psych at Coopersmith?  The older posts I can find seem to mention that you read a text book and take a final exam?  Is that it?  Anyone else try this course?

Thanks,
Leah
I know that Study.com is also working on a physiological psychology course as well, however I do not know if it is UL or not.

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - bluebooger - 05-18-2018

(05-17-2018, 11:00 AM)nashpond Wrote: ...

will they accept either of these excelsior exams ?

https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/bioethics-philosophical-issues

https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/ethics-theory-and-practice

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - nashpond - 08-04-2018

Coopersmith update:
I just took my final for Physiological Psychology yesterday.  It was not as bad as I was afraid it would be.  : )

Coopersmith provided a YouTube power point presentation, the same presentation without a narrator, an in-depth outline of the textbook, and a short practice test.  I rented the text book from Amazon, and I did not buy the interactive online My Psych Lab from Pearson.  I read the book and took notes, then I went through the Coopersmith online materials.  Pay especially close attention to the presentation power point and practice exam.  They seemed to give the best clue as to what was actually on the exam.

Physiological Psychology covers a lot of detailed material and I was concerned about how in-depth the exam would be.  The exam was 35 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.  The questions were fair and reasonable, no tricks.  I used Proctor U.

My exam results were already up first thing this morning and I got a 97.5.  I worked hard on this course and it took me longer than any other courses (not including the capstone!), about 4 weeks.

Relief!  The courses are all done and passed! Big Grin

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - cookderosa - 08-04-2018

Congrats! Did you find out from TESU ahead of time how this would come in or are you going to send it now?

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - bjcheung77 - 08-04-2018

Did you take the Ethics course? If so, where’s?
Congratulations on finishing that final course!

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - annabrown - 08-04-2018

congratulations, that's really amazing!

I am trying to sign up for their Abnormal Psychology class and I am confused on how to do it. I see that you can purchase the class for $150 in their store but I don't understand what happens next. There's no real explanation on how the course is laid out, what materials are provided, what I would need to buy myself etc. Their website is just not informational. Maybe you can help me to fill in the gabs!

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - nashpond - 08-07-2018

(08-04-2018, 08:35 AM)cookderosa Wrote: Congrats!  Did you find out from TESU ahead of time how this would come in or are you going to send it now?

This was a planned credit from my last conversation with TESU advising.  They approved Study.com Ethics in the Social Sciences as LL and Coopersmith's Physiological Psych at UL.

Coopersmith was very quick about grading, and they sent an email confirmation that they have sent TESU my transcript.  So I should make the September graduation.   Smile

(08-04-2018, 01:53 PM)annabrown Wrote: congratulations, that's really amazing!

I am trying to sign up for their Abnormal Psychology class and I am confused on how to do it. I see that you can purchase the class for $150 in their store but I don't understand what happens next. There's no real explanation on how the course is laid out, what materials are provided, what I would need to buy myself etc. Their website is just not informational. Maybe you can help me to fill in the gabs!
Coopersmith does seem a little small time when you are dealing with them (especially if you are used to Study.com), but they were very helpful and quick each time I contacted them.  When I signed up, I was directed to Paypal for payment, and I got an email from Coopersmith that they were processing my order.  By the next day, I had login info for my Coopersmith account for grades and another that had the actual class info.

I assume the Abnormal Psych would have a similar format to Physio Psych.  There was a recommended textbook, several power point presentations and a video with a narrator going over one of the power points.  I felt like I was adequately prepared.  You might be able to get by without the textbook, but I am old-school and like to have some paper under my fingers.  I rented my textbook for $16 from Amazon.

If you have any questions, give them a call.  I always got someone on the phone who was able to answer my questions.  One of my calls was to ask about the format of the exam, one was to ask how to go about registering for the exam.  Both times they were friendly and helpful.

(08-04-2018, 09:32 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you take the Ethics course? If so, where’s?  
Congratulations on finishing that final course!

Study.com's Ethics in the Social Sciences.  It came in as LL.

RE: Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith? - annabrown - 08-07-2018

Thank you! That actually seems very straight forward. Do you have unlimited time to finish the course?