Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Excelsior College ranked #1 - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Excelsior College ranked #1 (/Thread-Excelsior-College-ranked-1)

Pages: 1 2

Excelsior College ranked #1 - Life Long Learning - 06-01-2018

Excelsior College ranked #1 Big Grin

COSC #8
TESU #96 Huh

https://www.collegefactual.com/rankings/non-traditional/

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - bluebooger - 06-01-2018

I'm in Excelsior

no way I would rank it #1

ridiculously overpriced

garbage website

wish I had chosen COSC or WGU

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - Toastmaster - 06-01-2018

That HAS to be ranked on Excelsior's advertising budget LOL

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - jsh1138 - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 07:38 PM)bluebooger Wrote: I'm in Excelsior

no way I would rank it #1

ridiculously overpriced

garbage website

wish I had chosen COSC or WGU

none of the big 3 have what I would call a "good" website. that's one of the most astonishing things i've found since i've come back to school, just how bad the websites are. like you would think someone whose bread and butter is online students would make a decent UI but no.

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - sanantone - 06-01-2018

Excelsior has one of the worst websites I've ever seen for a college. Even the redesign wasn't much of an improvement. COSC's website is pretty bad too; their pages are part of an online catalog. TESU's current design is actually pretty fast compared to most other colleges. I can quickly get to a specific degree program and see the course requirements without having to open up a PDF file. Try going to several university websites and see how long it takes you to find the curriculum for various programs. Then, try searching for tuition and fees.

There are non-traditional students, and there are DegreeForum students. I can't tell you which school is better for someone looking to transfer 30 credits earned in 1989 and finish a degree by taking online courses. Now, if you're interested in ACE and NCCRS credits and know how to work the system...well...I earned four degrees from TESU for a reason.

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - dfrecore - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 10:42 PM)sanantone Wrote: Excelsior has one of the worst websites I've ever seen for a college. Even the redesign wasn't much of an improvement. COSC's website is pretty bad too; their pages are part of an online catalog. TESU's current design is actually pretty fast compared to most other colleges. I can quickly get to a specific degree program and see the course requirements without having to open up a PDF file. Try going to several university websites and see how long it takes you to find the curriculum for various programs. Then, try searching for tuition and fees.

I agree.  Spend a little time on other college websites, and it's pure torture.  All of them are really bad.  Some are less terrible than others, but it's really rare to find a great one.

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - sanantone - 06-02-2018

(06-01-2018, 11:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 10:42 PM)sanantone Wrote: Excelsior has one of the worst websites I've ever seen for a college. Even the redesign wasn't much of an improvement. COSC's website is pretty bad too; their pages are part of an online catalog. TESU's current design is actually pretty fast compared to most other colleges. I can quickly get to a specific degree program and see the course requirements without having to open up a PDF file. Try going to several university websites and see how long it takes you to find the curriculum for various programs. Then, try searching for tuition and fees.

I agree.  Spend a little time on other college websites, and it's pure torture.  All of them are really bad.  Some are less terrible than others, but it's really rare to find a great one.

Yep. It took some experience for me to learn the usual places to find tuition and fees, but I still sometimes resort to the search box because tuition rates are hidden in a catalog or unlisted page somewhere. I've found tuition in these sections: bursar, future students, current students, financial aid, admissions, student services, degree program pages, FAQs, inside the net price calculator program, brochures, and an entirely separate state board website.

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - dfrecore - 06-02-2018

(06-02-2018, 12:02 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 11:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Yep. It took some experience for me to learn the usual places to find tuition and fees, but I still sometimes resort to the search box because tuition rates are hidden in a catalog or unlisted page somewhere. I've found tuition in these sections: bursar, future students, current students, financial aid, admissions, student services, degree program pages, FAQs, inside the net price calculator program, brochures, and an entirely separate state board website.

I agree, tuition has got to be the most hidden aspect of college websites.  Don't even get me started on the stupid net price calculator program!!!  It's the worst thing ever invented.  I find tuition most often in Financial Aid, even if you might not be qualified for financial aid and therefore not think to look there.  Second is admissions.  It is really annoying!   Angry

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - Sparklette - 06-02-2018

I think the criteria for this list had a lot missing data for TESU. And one of the few data points it had listed was starting salary after graduation, which was about 1/2 of that listed for Excelsior. I didn’t locate the actual methodology, but am going by what was displayed for the schools on that website. Most of the stuff for TESU said n/a

RE: Excelsior College ranked #1 - BSLIONS - 06-02-2018

Yeah, I've spend a lot of time sniffing around community college websites lately just to see if anything catches my eye. Let me tell you, the big 3 have godlike websites compared to some of the ones I've seen.