Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Error after submitting TECEP test - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Error after submitting TECEP test (/Thread-Error-after-submitting-TECEP-test)

Error after submitting TECEP test - nerd - 06-01-2018

I finished taking a TECEP a few minutes ago, and after I had submitted it the Thomas Edison website showed an error that said "required perimeter (course) missing". Has anyone else had this error before? Did it effect anything? I hope it wasn't a big deal, because this was a three hour exam, and I'd hate for all that time to have been wasted.

RE: Error after submitting TECEP test - nerd - 06-11-2018

All ended up going well! I passed. Smile

RE: Error after submitting TECEP test - Lewis.Yim - 06-11-2018

Great work! Which TECEP did you take?

RE: Error after submitting TECEP test - nerd - 06-16-2018

(06-11-2018, 06:21 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Great work!  Which TECEP did you take?

In this case I took the Marketing Communications TECEP. I primarily used knowledge I had already gained from Study.com's 
Business 113: Business Communication course (for which I had also received credit).

Sadly I didn't do so well on the Advertising TECEP which I took afterwards (55/100, needed a 60 to pass), which I had spent a decent amount of time studying for (around 20 hours) using the Study.com Advertising TECEP practice course. (The weird part is that I got an 80% on the practice test for this test, and I had done additional studying on my weak areas after I took the practice test. Clearly it wasn't a very accurate practice test).

RE: Error after submitting TECEP test - Cheeseburrito - 06-16-2018

(06-16-2018, 12:55 PM)nerd Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 06:21 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Great work!  Which TECEP did you take?

In this case I took the Marketing Communications TECEP. I primarily used knowledge I had already gained from Study.com's 
Business 113: Business Communication course (for which I had also received credit).

Sadly I didn't do so well on the Advertising TECEP which I took afterwards (55/100, needed a 60 to pass), which I had spent a decent amount of time studying for (around 20 hours) using the Study.com Advertising TECEP practice course. (The weird part is that I got an 80% on the practice test for this test, and I had done additional studying on my weak areas after I took the practice test. Clearly it wasn't a very accurate practice test).

There's a lot of that going around. I've taken a few exams through study and found the material is not what was presented in the course, or what they focused on at all. HIST 311 is really bad for this. 80+% on practices, 48% on the final.