Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Quick Question about Excelsior - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Quick Question about Excelsior (/Thread-Quick-Question-about-Excelsior)

Quick Question about Excelsior - hsfamfun - 06-20-2018

Can anyone tell me how Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct is transferring to Excelsior?  Is it a Business elective?  Others have said that this does NOT fulfill the Ethics requirement.  Is this still true? 

Thank You for the help!

RE: Quick Question about Excelsior - radconjohn - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 10:22 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: Can anyone tell me how Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct is transferring to Excelsior?  Is it a Business elective?  Others have said that this does NOT fulfill the Ethics requirement.  Is this still true? 

Thank You for the help!

I did not get credit for ethics from excelsior with mine!

RE: Quick Question about Excelsior - miah - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 05:08 PM)radconjohn Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 10:22 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: Can anyone tell me how Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct is transferring to Excelsior?  Is it a Business elective?  Others have said that this does NOT fulfill the Ethics requirement.  Is this still true? 

Thank You for the help!

I did not get credit for ethics from excelsior with mine!

OK, thanks for noting that detail as I was hoping it would meet that EC Ethic requirement for FAC. Another strike against transferring to EC to finish up for my kiddos scenario. It appears SUNY ESC looks like where FAC will be remaining at this point. 19 credits left there and probably similar at EC since still needs UL courses in major, but ESC is less expensive and working well currently, so probably will just stay there and finish up the remaining 5 classes that are left. Plus ESC has a good reputation being a SUNY college.

RE: Quick Question about Excelsior - hsfamfun - 06-20-2018

Thank You, that information is very useful. Not what I was hoping for, but useful!

RE: Quick Question about Excelsior - hsfamfun - 06-21-2018

(06-20-2018, 05:08 PM)radconjohn Wrote: I did not get credit for ethics from excelsior with mine!

So, did I understand correctly, that you did not get any credit at all from Excelsior for this 2 hr ACE approved class?
Or did it just not satisfy the ethics requirement?
If you did get credit, how did it come in? As an elective? A Business class?

RE: Quick Question about Excelsior - radconjohn - 06-21-2018

It wasn't applied to my ethics requirement. Not sure if I received credit for it, since I only need a 3 UL ethics credit requirement and 2 other courses left to graduate.