Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment (/Thread-Force-ALEKS-Initial-Assessment)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - ISKBizz15 - 07-17-2018

I took my first Initial Knowledge Assessment last week and scored a 56% for College Algebra. Now after working through some of the pie chart, I feel like I'm ready enough to take another assessment to try and score a 70% or higher for ACE credit. The only options I see within the Masters Account is to "Request New Knowledge Check", is this the assessment that I should be taking or should there be another option to look for? How would I force another Initial Knowledge Assessment?

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - Jimmy999 - 07-17-2018

there is no longer an initial knowledge check....now you must complete the New Knowledge Check.   Same Thing..good luck

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - ISKBizz15 - 07-17-2018

So if I complete at least 70% of the pie chart, would I be considered finished in terms of qualifying for credit or would I still need to do the knowledge check regardless of what percentage of the chart I've completed?

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - Jimmy999 - 07-17-2018

yes a knowledge check is required confirm atleast 70% mastery

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - BSBRose21 - 07-17-2018

I'm working through ALEKS and with each new knowledge check my score only goes up a small amount.  

I started with 32%, worked through about 20 topics, then it went to 43%.  Should I be working through a lot more to get closer?

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - dfrecore - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 07:17 AM)ISKBizz15 Wrote: So if I complete at least 70% of the pie chart, would I be considered finished in terms of qualifying for credit or would I still need to do the knowledge check regardless of what percentage of the chart I've completed?

No, it's not what you get on the pie chart, it's only what you get on a knowledge check that counts.  So you'd probably have to work through more than 70% of the pie to score at least 70% on a knowledge check.

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - scaffdog - 07-23-2018

Looking to figure this one out. I keep seeing people mentioning "force an assessment" but I cant find a place to do so. I just took a knowledge check and all it did was ask me questions on the things I had already finished. So I went to mastery on all the topics they had already given me but with no opportunity to improve my score on anything else.

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - Jimmy999 - 07-24-2018

If you completed the knowledge check with. 70% or better apply for credit u are done

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - ISKBizz15 - 07-24-2018

How would I know what my score is on the knowledge check? With every knowledge check I've taken, I always wonder how I did on the test, but only receive a 1-2 percentage change in the pie chart and not an actual percentage for a grade.

RE: Force ALEKS Initial Assessment - allvia - 07-24-2018

(07-23-2018, 09:35 PM)scaffdog Wrote: Looking to figure this one out.  I keep seeing people mentioning "force an assessment" but I cant find a place to do so.  I just took a knowledge check and all it did was ask me questions on the things I had already finished.  So I went to mastery on all the topics they had already given me but with no opportunity to improve my score on anything else.

This is requested done through the Master (or Parent) login, not the student login.