Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
I work at Study.com now!! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: I work at Study.com now!! (/Thread-I-work-at-Study-com-now)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I work at Study.com now!! - dfrecore - 07-30-2018

Hi all,

I am excited to announce that I now work for Study.com as a Transcript Evaluator for their Working Scholars Program.  They actually reached out to me through this forum, believe it or not!

What this means is that I will now have less time to devote to the forum, including creating degree plans - although I still intend to stay active because this is a great place to get information, and share knowledge, with a great group of people.

I also hope that you'll still see me as a reliable source of unbiased information.  There is no conflict of interest, because the people on this forum are not in the Working Scholars program (although if you get a chance to join, by all means do so!).  And, while I think Study.com is a great source of credit, I will try very hard not to push anyone towards them over other providers - my spreadsheets will not change, and I will still recommend getting credits via all kinds of alternative providers.

I will also try very hard not to get involved in any issues any of you might have with Study.com in the future - if you think a course stinks, by all means, say so, and I will not say a word.  If you think they need to improve customer service, or create better content, or add more courses in a particular area, and want to say so on here, go for it.  And if you think they're doing a great job, you can say that too - I promise not to take the credit!   Big Grin

Anyway, I just wanted to be very transparent in what I'm doing here, and reassure you that anything I say going forward is still as myself - it is from me and me alone.  No one at Study.com is telling me what to say or not to say on here.

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - MNomadic - 07-30-2018

Wow congrats!

You're certainly qualified!

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - Tedium - 07-31-2018

Congratulations! I'm always so happy when the hard work the people on this forum do pays off like this. With all the time and effort some of the people here put into helping others, I'm surprised that other companies aren't scooping them up left and right.

I'm very interested in the Working Scholars program. I wonder if you'd be interested in, and they'd be okay with, you starting a blog detailing the program and your experiences working with it?

At any rate, congrats again! You earned it!

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - jsd - 07-31-2018

Wow, congrats! That's really exciting.

Hey Study.com, I've always been a big advocate of you around here... Wink

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - eriehiker - 07-31-2018

Congratulations! That is awesome.

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - Merlin - 07-31-2018

Congrats! It will be handy to nice to have someone on the inside when people have Study.com questions or issues. Smile

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - acamp - 07-31-2018

(07-30-2018, 11:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Hi all,

I am excited to announce that I now work for Study.com as a Transcript Evaluator for their Working Scholars Program.  They actually reached out to me through this forum, believe it or not!

What this means is that I will now have less time to devote to the forum, including creating degree plans - although I still intend to stay active because this is a great place to get information, and share knowledge, with a great group of people.

I also hope that you'll still see me as a reliable source of unbiased information.  There is no conflict of interest, because the people on this forum are not in the Working Scholars program (although if you get a chance to join, by all means do so!).  And, while I think Study.com is a great source of credit, I will try very hard not to push anyone towards them over other providers - my spreadsheets will not change, and I will still recommend getting credits via all kinds of alternative providers.

I will also try very hard not to get involved in any issues any of you might have with Study.com in the future - if you think a course stinks, by all means, say so, and I will not say a word.  If you think they need to improve customer service, or create better content, or add more courses in a particular area, and want to say so on here, go for it.  And if you think they're doing a great job, you can say that too - I promise not to take the credit!   Big Grin

Anyway, I just wanted to be very transparent in what I'm doing here, and reassure you that anything I say going forward is still as myself - it is from me and me alone.  No one at Study.com is telling me what to say or not to say on here.

A big CONGRATS to you - well deserved!!  I always wondered "why doesn't Dfrecore work as an evaluator for one of these colleges??" since you are as good if not better than the formal evaluators from the Big 3 that many of us on here have dealt with in the past  =)

Enjoy this new opportunity!    Thanks again for all the help along the way.

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - cookderosa - 07-31-2018

(07-30-2018, 11:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Hi all,

I'm so happy for you!!!

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - SweetSecret - 07-31-2018

Congratulations! That is pretty awesome that they reached out to you directly. I love when that sort of thing happens!

RE: I work at Study.com now!! - armstrongsubero - 07-31-2018

Congrats man!! You deserve it!! Your information has helped a lot!! Btw can you talk to them to accept debit VISA cards!?