Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help (/Thread-BSBA-Gen-Management-TESU-or-Accounting-Help)

BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help - LoanGunman - 08-02-2018

Hello All,

I am so thankful that I found this board. I am currently working towards a BSBA from Tesu and was hoping you would be willing to give me some assistance with my current credit placement within the program.; and additional courses that I should look into taking. The courses that I have taken so far are:

(I am aware that there is significant overlap in some of these courses based on previous colleges' acceptance requirements)

Sophia:
English Comp 1

StraighterLine:
English Comp II
Cultural Anthropology
Intro Comm.
Intro Nutrition
Intro Philosophy
Principles of Management
US HIstory I 
US History II
Western Civ. I
Western Civ. II
Business Law
Org. Behavior
Accounting I
Accounting II

TEEX:
All three Cyber Security

Institutes: 
Ethics

Shmoop:
Personal Finance
Comparative Gov and Pol
Psych 101 
Bible as Literature
World Geography
US History I and II

Local CC:
Biology for Science Majors I 
Biology for Science Majors II
Local Gov. (Required CC)
Phys. Ed. (1cr course)

I would prefer to max out the number of courses that I can take through SL, as this has been my preferred provider thus far.

Any assistance you could give in pointing me in the right directions would be amazing.

Thanks!

RE: BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help - bjcheung77 - 08-02-2018

Hi. I have questions and homework for you.
1) Do you have these added to your ACE registry? Did you apply and get an evaluation from TESU already?
If you already have an evaluation, copy/paste it from your OSS to this thread or create a spreadsheet.
2) Download the spreadsheet "My Degree Plan!" on the Beginners Guide thread - Post#27/28
3) In the My Degree Plan! sheet, update it with YOUR credentials and attach it to this thread.
Side note: Follow the same pattern color coding.
4) Once you have that done, I'll see which option might be better for you, as you don't have any AOS courses.

2) Answer the following questions, so I can better gauge which of the 3 you're looking at - cheap, easy, or fast.
A) Are you close to a testing site for CLEP? How far and how long would it take you to get there and back?
B) Do you have time to study and test at a site or would you rather do everything online for a little extra in price?
C) What is your price range you're looking at for the degree and time you want to set to complete the degree?
D) Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority.
How busy are you? How much time do you have to spend on studying? Do you have family/kids that you have to attend to?

RE: BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help - LoanGunman - 08-03-2018

(08-02-2018, 11:36 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi.  I have questions and homework for you.
1) Do you have these added to your ACE registry?  Did you apply and get an evaluation from TESU already?  
If you already have an evaluation, copy/paste it from your OSS to this thread or create a spreadsheet.
2) Download the spreadsheet "My Degree Plan!" on the Beginners Guide thread - Post#27/28
3) In the My Degree Plan! sheet, update it with YOUR credentials and attach it to this thread.
Side note: Follow the same pattern color coding.  
4) Once you have that done, I'll see which option might be better for you, as you don't have any AOS courses.

2) Answer the following questions, so I can better gauge which of the 3 you're looking at - cheap, easy, or fast.
A) Are you close to a testing site for CLEP? How far and how long would it take you to get there and back?
B) Do you have time to study and test at a site or would you rather do everything online for a little extra in price?
C) What is your price range you're looking at for the degree and time you want to set to complete the degree?
D) Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority.
How busy are you? How much time do you have to spend on studying?  Do you have family/kids that you have to attend to?
Fantastic questions. I will get to work on this and get back to you. Your spreadsheet is amazing!