Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Degree Planning Advice (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Degree-Planning-Advice)
+--- Thread: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan (/Thread-TESU-BS-Information-Technology-Degree-Plan)

Pages: 1 2

TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - PBenitez - 08-10-2018

After talking with a few helpful people on the forum I created my degree plan for my BSIT I wanted to know if it was fine or if some things need readjusting

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - jsd - 08-11-2018

First thing that jumps out is that these Saylor courses are not ACE or NCCRS reccomended so they won't be accepted by TESU:

(CS 301) Computer Architecture
(CS201 Elementary Data Structures) Data Structures
(CS401) Operating Systems
(BUS402 Project Management) Project Management

The only Saylor courses that can be used for college credit are the ones listed here: https://www.saylor.org/credit/

There could be other issues but I just glanced at your sheet. It's generally not recommended to use the Big 3 for an IT degree as it can be expensive/hard to find equivalencies. WGU is usually the recommendation if you want to go the IT route.

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - ROYISAGIRL - 08-11-2018

Would the Project Management Course from Sophia work better? I'm pretty sure they take.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - allvia - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 12:43 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Would the Project Management Course from Sophia work better? I'm pretty sure they take.

Sophia Project Management is no longer UL, and the AOS as planned requires UL credit for it.  Study.com does offer UL Project Management

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - MNomadic - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 12:43 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Would the Project Management Course from Sophia work better? I'm pretty sure they take.

Yes if it doesn't matter that it's LL. Or the project management course from study.com which is UL

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - ROYISAGIRL - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 12:52 PM)allvia Wrote:

Sophia Project Management is no longer UL, and the AOS as planned requires UL credit for it.  Study.com does offer UL Project Management
Ahh ok I'm looking at the plan on my phone so i didnt see that.

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - alleycat - 08-15-2018

TESU accepts Sophia Project Management as MAN435 so it should not be a problem if it is needed as upper level.

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - MNomadic - 08-15-2018

(08-15-2018, 07:10 AM)alleycat Wrote: TESU accepts Sophia Project Management as MAN435 so it should not be a problem if it is needed as upper level.

Are you sure? ACE downgraded it from UL to LL on 3/1/2018.

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - Merlin - 08-15-2018

(08-15-2018, 09:04 AM)MNomadic Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 07:10 AM)alleycat Wrote: TESU accepts Sophia Project Management as MAN435 so it should not be a problem if it is needed as upper level.

Are you sure? ACE downgraded it from UL to LL on 3/1/2018.

If its LL on ACE, and doesn't already appear on your TESU transcript, you should expect it to be LL at TESU as well. They follow ACE and NCCRS recommendations very closely now and have adjusted most of the assessments to reflect their assessment policy.

RE: TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan - alleycat - 08-16-2018

Just looked on Sophia’s website for TESU it shows upper level.