Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? (/Thread-TESU-received-my-DSST-transcript-do-I-need-to-do-anything)

TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - Kelly Green - 08-28-2018

I'm a non-matriculated student at TESU (I'll be taking a TECEP).  It shows that they received my DSST transcript on 8/27; will they update my transcript with credit for the course automatically, or do I need to do anything (like fill out another form)?

About how long does it take to show the credit on the TESU transcript?

Thank you!  Smile

RE: TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - BSLIONS - 08-28-2018

I dunno about others but it took about a month for my stuff to show up.

RE: TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - Kelly Green - 08-28-2018

Thank you! (Wow, that's a long time. Unfortunately, I have the patience of a three-year old...)

RE: TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - allvia - 08-28-2018

disregard - posted in error

RE: TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - Kelly Green - 08-28-2018

Correct, I have not enrolled officially; I just paid for the TECEP ($25 for the Medical Terminology one) and submitted my application as a non-degree seeking student, which they have processed.

I thought that would be enough to get DSST credit on an official transcript (rather than going the Credit Bank route.)

RE: TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - allvia - 08-28-2018

(08-28-2018, 12:48 PM)Kelly Green Wrote: Correct, I have not enrolled officially; I just paid for the TECEP ($25 for the Medical Terminology one) and submitted my application as a non-degree seeking student, which they have processed.

I thought that would be enough to get DSST credit on an official transcript (rather than going the Credit Bank route.)

I don't think it will do what you're trying to do.  I think it will create a transcript for your TECEP, but I don't think it will create a transcript as a student (as you'd need to be a student to get the DSST evaluated).  I know you're trying to save money, but I'd hate to have you waste money on something that won't produce what you need.   I'm not even sure if you applied as a student and requested a transcript before graduating that it would show what you transferred in from outside; as that is what the Credit Bank service is for.

Oh. Crud.

Cry

(But thank you for the reply.)

(08-28-2018, 01:01 PM)Kelly Green Wrote: Oh. Crud.

Cry

(But thank you for the reply.)

Sorry.   I would just call and ask TESU. I assume you have a Student ID and it is a pretty straightforward add (as far as eval). Ask them to bring up your ID and ask them specifically (as simple as possible) if you have a DSST sent to them will it show up if/when you ask TESU to send a transcript elsewhere.

RE: TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? - dfrecore - 08-29-2018

I think you have to apply to get an eval done.