Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com Grading Question - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com Grading Question (/Thread-Study-com-Grading-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3

Study.com Grading Question - MrBossmanJr - 09-01-2018

I just finished the final with 58 out of 100 questions correct. I got a 100% on all the quizzes. What would I need on both the papers to pass?

RE: Study.com Grading Question - MNomadic - 09-01-2018

(09-01-2018, 06:04 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: I just finished the final with 58 out of 100 questions correct. I got a 100% on all the quizzes. What would I need on both the papers to pass?

52 points total between both assignments. I would shoot for higher, though.

RE: Study.com Grading Question - bjcheung77 - 09-01-2018

You need a 69.6% or higher to pass (technically, you need a 70%) for the entire course.
100% on quizzes is 33.3% which is 33.3%
58% on final exam which is worth 33.3% is 19.3%
You currently have 52.6% of the 70%.
Your final assignment needs to be higher than 17.4 of 33.3 which is 52.3%
So, work your butt off on that final assignment, you just need a 52.3% to get the credit.

RE: Study.com Grading Question - MrBossmanJr - 09-01-2018

Hmmm... Do they really need to be 2000-3000 words? So should I shoot for that many words or a good essay with less?

RE: Study.com Grading Question - bjcheung77 - 09-01-2018

I would follow the rubric they have for this, they illustrate what they are looking for when grading.
Whatever you do - Do at least the bare minimum of 2,000 words *AND* a good essay...
Think of them as StraighterLine courses, heck, I did all 5 essays in one day for Sociology!

My last writing assignment for sdc English comp 2 I scraped together about 800 words(supposed to be 1500) in the last few hours of my subscription period and got around a %50 or 40% which was generous. I already had enough points in the course when I did that, though and was short on time. You really don't know how the graders will be though so always do your best!

RE: Study.com Grading Question - Merlin - 09-01-2018

(09-01-2018, 06:40 PM)MNomadic Wrote: My last writing assignment for sdc English comp 2 I scraped together about 800 words(supposed to be 1500) in the last few hours of my subscription period and got around a %50 or 40% which was generous. I already had enough points in the course when I did that, though and was short on time. You really don't know how the graders will be though so always do your best!

Which prompts did you end up doing for EC2?

RE: Study.com Grading Question - MrBossmanJr - 09-01-2018

English Comp II was hard. I'm glad I got through it. There was three writing assignments and all of them were long.

(09-01-2018, 07:15 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 06:40 PM)MNomadic Wrote: My last writing assignment for sdc English comp 2 I scraped together about 800 words(supposed to be 1500) in the last few hours of my subscription period and got around a %50 or 40% which was generous. I already had enough points in the course when I did that, though and was short on time. You really don't know how the graders will be though so always do your best!

I did gender gap for the first 2 with pretty good sources and quality. I did climate change for my final rushed paper.

RE: Study.com Grading Question - Merlin - 09-01-2018

(09-01-2018, 07:26 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: English Comp II was hard. I'm glad I got through it. There was three writing assignments and all of them were long.

I'm doing ECII right now. Done with the quizzes and just waiting until Monday to do my next exam.  Trying to narrow down what I'm going to write about. I hate written assignments since it takes me forever to figure out what to write about and to collect my supporting information. I'm hoping to get through the 3 written assignments within the next week. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.

(09-01-2018, 07:30 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 07:15 PM)Merlin Wrote:

I did gender gap for the first 2 with pretty good sources and quality. I did climate change for my final rushed paper.

Heh, those are the two I'm considering as well. Those seem like they'd have the most supporting info.