Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU - Applying for Graduation - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU - Applying for Graduation (/Thread-TESU-Applying-for-Graduation)

TESU - Applying for Graduation - dexter1326 - 09-06-2018

Greetings, Hivemind - 

I am nearing completion of my BSBA (GM) through TESU. My current academic evaluation reflects 114 credits applied. I recently completed Public Speaking through Study.com to satisfy Oral Communication. The last project was graded on Saturday (9/1) and I put in the transcript request immediately. Based on recent experience, I expect my evaluation will reflect 117 no later than 9/21.

I am currently enrolled in the August BA Capstone, which, according to the TESU Graduation Information, makes me eligible for December graduation. That Graduation Information page says not to apply for graduation until my Academic Evaluation reflects 120 credits, but also that the deadline for application, fees, and official transcripts is 10/1.

Since my Capstone will not be completed until 10/28, when should I submit the graduation application? Anything else I should know/consider in wrapping this up?

RE: TESU - Applying for Graduation - davewill - 09-06-2018

You can submit it any time. There is no need to wait for all credits. You can wait until a couple of days before the deadline if you don't want to pay the fees earlier than necessary. Don't wait for the last minute, website problems can pop up at any time. Specifically leave yourself a couple of business days before the deadline to deal with problems.

RE: TESU - Applying for Graduation - Johmford - 09-06-2018

(09-06-2018, 08:51 AM)dexter1326 Wrote: Greetings, Hivemind - 

I am nearing completion of my BSBA (GM) through TESU. My current academic evaluation reflects 114 credits applied. I recently completed Public Speaking through Study.com to satisfy Oral Communication. The last project was graded on Saturday (9/1) and I put in the transcript request immediately. Based on recent experience, I expect my evaluation will reflect 117 no later than 9/21.

I am currently enrolled in the August BA Capstone, which, according to the TESU Graduation Information, makes me eligible for December graduation. That Graduation Information page says not to apply for graduation until my Academic Evaluation reflects 120 credits, but also that the deadline for application, fees, and official transcripts is 10/1.

Since my Capstone will not be completed until 10/28, when should I submit the graduation application? Anything else I should know/consider in wrapping this up?

I submitted my graduation app while taking the capstone. Did not have any problems.

RE: TESU - Applying for Graduation - rlw74 - 09-07-2018

I also submitted mine while I was in my Capstone. Since they process the degree audits in the order they are received, it doesn't hurt to go ahead and get on the list. But, like davewill said, it all depends on if you want to pay the fees now or later.