Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Degree Planning Advice (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Degree-Planning-Advice)
+--- Thread: BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU (/Thread-BA-in-Psychology-AOS-Layout-for-TESU)

BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - d.cononge - 09-14-2018

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a pretty easy/fast way of completing TESU BA in Psychology AOS. This layout will provide you with the necessary 15 credits worth of UL as well. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me and i'll get back with you! Thanks!!

1. Introductory Psych: CLEP introductory psychology

2. Experimental Psych: SDC Research methods in psych- Fulfills requirement at tesu as PSY-229

3. Social Psychology: SDC Intro to Social Psych (TESU- PSY-237), and UEXCEL Social Psychology (TESU- PSY- 325)
Note: Have to request for the 2 courses to be placed into eval at TESU

4. History/Systems of Psych: SDC History/Systems of Psychology (TESU- PSY- 400)

5. Physiological Psych: SDC Physiological Psych (TESU- PSY- 204) 
Note: I first had to get this approved by the dean at TESU. They were glad to work with me though, so I guess they will accept this for everyone.

6. Developmental Psychology: SDC Lifespan developmental psych (TESU- PSY-211)

7.Abnormal Psych: Ed4Credit Abnormal Psych (TESU- PSY- 350)
Note: I took this before they changed this course to LL. The only other UL that I know of now is TESU TECEP. 

8. Ethics in the Social Sciences: SDC Ethics in the Social Sciences (TESU- SOS-216)

9. Statistics: SDC Intro to Statistics (TESU- STA-201)
Note: TESU gave me 4 credits for this course

AOS electives:

10. Organizational Behavior DSST (TESU- PSY-361) 

11. Industrial and Organizational Psychology (TESU- PSY-400)
Note: Super easy UL course. Finished in less than 1 week. 

12. Capstone: Only at TESU

RE: BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - jsd - 09-14-2018

Cool, looks like everything is still in line with my plan on the wiki. There's a lot of other options available on the wiki plan as well:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JSD%27s_BA_in_Psychology_(after_July_1st,_2015)

RE: BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - ryanaryn - 01-17-2019

(09-14-2018, 03:56 PM)d.cononge Wrote: Hey everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a pretty easy/fast way of completing TESU BA in Psychology AOS. This layout will provide you with the necessary 15 credits worth of UL as well. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me and i'll get back with you! Thanks!!

1. Introductory Psych: CLEP introductory psychology

2. Experimental Psych: SDC Research methods in psych- Fulfills requirement at tesu as PSY-229

3. Social Psychology: SDC Intro to Social Psych (TESU- PSY-237), and UEXCEL Social Psychology (TESU- PSY- 325)

4. History/Systems of Psych: SDC History/Systems of Psychology (TESU- PSY- 400)

5. Physiological Psych: SDC Physiological Psych (TESU- PSY- 204) 
Note: I first had to get this approved by the dean at TESU. They were glad to work with me though, so I guess they will accept this for everyone.

6. Developmental Psychology: SDC Lifespan developmental psych (TESU- PSY-211)

Note: I took this before they changed this course to LL. The only other UL that I know of now is TESU TECEP. 

8. Ethics in the Social Sciences: SDC Ethics in the Social Sciences (TESU- SOS-216)

9. Statistics: SDC Intro to Statistics (TESU- STA-201)
Note: TESU gave me 4 credits for this course

AOS electives:

11. Industrial and Organizational Psychology (TESU- PSY-400)
Note: Super easy UL course. Finished in less than 1 week. 

12. Capstone: Only at TESU

Are you saying that the Ed4Credit Abnormal Psych is now only accepted at TESU as LL?

RE: BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - Supermind - 01-17-2019

Coopersmith Physiological Psychology (PSY-303) comes as UL too. At $ 150, it is also cheaper than Ed4credit.

RE: BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - dfrecore - 01-17-2019

(09-14-2018, 03:56 PM)d.cononge Wrote: Hey everyone,

UExcel also has Abnormal Psych, Research Methods, and Social Psych as UL, along with Psych of Adulthood & Aging as an UL elective.

UL TECEP exams are now $225, so prob not the best choice any longer for most people

DSST's Org Behavior was downgraded to LL.

Study.com also has the following add'l UL Psych courses:
BUS 323: Organizational Theory (PSY-360)
PSY 310: Psychology of Personality (PSY-352)

RE: BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - mysonx3 - 01-17-2019

Coopersmith's Abnormal Psych is UL per NCCRS. So is their Physiological Psychology. They also have Jewish Rabbinical Counseling as UL, but that would only be an elective at best and it would be cheaper to do one of the UL Psych electives at Study.com (though they will come with essays, so if you're pressed for time and want to test-out, it would be only $50 more to skip essay-writing).

RE: BA in Psychology AOS Layout for TESU - ryanaryn - 02-06-2019

What is the preferred prep method for the Uexcel Social Psychology exam?  Is there a way to prep without buying the textbook?