Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
guided vs online tesu capstone - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: guided vs online tesu capstone (/Thread-guided-vs-online-tesu-capstone)

Pages: 1 2

guided vs online tesu capstone - shendaddy - 09-15-2018

hi

i was looking to get into the October term online capstone, but looks like its full. if i want to grad in March, my only other option looks to be  guided. i'm still not clear on how it works. is the guided capstone online as well, but just works at a slower pace ?

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - dfrecore - 09-15-2018

I did the GS version, there is more work than the online in that the weekly discussions are longer than a couple of posts might be. BUT, it is not a terrible trade-off, especially if you can graduate 3 months earlier. I'd do it.

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - Supermind - 09-15-2018

do the costs differ?

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - dfrecore - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 09:50 PM)Supermind Wrote: do the costs differ?

Exactly the same price.

Online would be my first choice, but GS isn't a bad choice.  Just 2nd best.

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - peacel - 09-16-2018

(09-15-2018, 08:58 PM)shendaddy Wrote: hi

i was looking to get into the October term online capstone, but looks like its full. if i want to grad in March, my only other option looks to be  guided. i'm still not clear on how it works. is the guided capstone online as well, but just works at a slower pace ?

Even if the course is displayed as full, you can still call TESU to see if they will still take you. Smile

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - Merlin - 09-16-2018

(09-15-2018, 08:58 PM)shendaddy Wrote: hi

In addition to what the others have already said about alternate options, technically you can still graduate in March if you take the November capstone. Per the graduation schedule, if your last class begins in September, October, or November you're still eligible for March graduation. From my understanding, you just need to apply by Jan 1st and have all your transfer credits into TESU by Feb 1st. As long as they are aware of your schedule they should be able to make things work.

I'm also aiming for a March graduation and will be taking the November capstone. I'm prepared to slip to June though if things end up going sideways. If that happens, I'll probably end up adding a second AOS.

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - davewill - 09-16-2018

Online has blog posts to make. Guided study has extra written assignments instead. Otherwise they are the same.

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - armstrongsubero - 09-16-2018

GS is not that bad doing it right now. I dont think its more writing both the GS and the online study have 5 written assignments, the assignments just have more weight in the GS. If anything its less wirting cause you dont have to write those online discussions, just the 5 assginments and the capstone.

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - rlw74 - 09-18-2018

What do the extra five written assignments look like though? The forum posts are mindless, five minute posts that guarantee you points. As long as you post something, the required number of posts and on time, it's guaranteed points. I'm not saying that to discourage you from GS. I would go more off who the professor is than the format.

RE: guided vs online tesu capstone - armstrongsubero - 09-18-2018

There is no 'extra' both have 5 written assignments, its just in the GS the written assignments and capstone are given more weight on your final score. Its less writing for the GS each assignment is just worth more marks.