Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Help with Exclesior - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Help with Exclesior (/Thread-Help-with-Exclesior)

Help with Exclesior - landa1995 - 09-16-2018

Hi everyone,

Thanks to this amazing forum I am planning my last two semesters at Excelsior! I am working on a BS in Healthcare management. I have been able to do most of my classes through Sophia, study.com and SL. I am in the first of three planned semesters at Excelsior. I am currently taking 4 classes in a semester. My problem is that I am not sure if I have taken every class that I can take alternatively. I have enough money through my work to pay for one more semester. The last semester will be on me. I am trying to see if someone can take a look at my remaining classes to see if you spot any alternative options that I  missed. I am also unsure of the Excelsior test option, If anyone has an experience with that option can you please let me know. Thank you so much! If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be where I am now. I can't believe I have completed most of my courses needed for a BS in one year. I have listed my remaining classes for review. Thanks!

Remaining classes

Research (upper level)

Marketing

Health Care Ethics 

HSC 305: Critical Issues in Health Care Management(UL)

HSC 330: The Legal and Regulatory Environment of Health Care (UL)

HSC 404: Organizational Behavior and Theoryin Health Care(UL)

HSC 414: Budget and Finance in Health CareOrganizations (UL)

HSC 450: Economics of Health Care (UL)

RE: Help with Exclesior - dfrecore - 09-16-2018

There are all kinds of places to take a Marketing course - CLEP, Saylor, Study.com, TECEP, UExcel

Here are the Healthcare Management courses on Study.com (all are UL):
HCM 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare
HCM 303: Healthcare Organization & Management
HCM 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems
HCM 309: Healthcare Informatics
HCM 310: Human Resource Management in Healthcare

They have additional courses that are not credit-bearing, but I'm guessing that they may do them in the future:
HCM 302: Health Services Policy
HCM 305: Healthcare Finance & Budgeting
HCM 308: Healthcare Quality & Outcome Measurement

CSU-Global has a bunch of UL HCM courses. They are $250 per exam, but that's certainly cheaper than a semester at EC:
Accounting & Finance for Healthcare Managers
Health Law & Ethics
Ethical Decisions in Healthcare
The Economics of Healthcare
Quality and Risk Management in Healthcare
additional ones

The best thing to do is go to EC, and specifically ask which of these courses will fulfill their specific requirements. So ask about the Study.com courses first. "Will HCM 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare fulfill the Health Care Ethics requirement? Will it fulfill the Legal Healthcare requirements?" Then ask about the CSU-Global courses. Figure out which courses will work where, then strategize from there. For instance if the HCM 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare course is consider Law, and the Health Law & Ethics course will count as Law, and the Ethical Decisions in Healthcare will count for Ethics, then you take that one for ethics, and choose between the 2 that will work for Law. Keep working on it until you have all of the possible courses that will work in all of the areas that you can.

Also, the "research" course is vague - I've never heard of that. Ask what they mean, and what kind of course will fulfill that, and then report back.