Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course (/Thread-TESU-LIB-495-Liberal-Arts-Capstone-Course)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - vetvso - 10-02-2018

I am getting very close to the end of my BA in Social sciences with Thomas Edison, and need to signup for: 
LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course 

I still do testing and also take a class here and there. I will take the following in the spring but might test out on a few needs.

Still needed:

English Comp II

Liberal Studies-Social Sciences (18SH)

2 300 level classes preferred but I would but technically I could test out of 1 100/200 and still be on track.

I am considering enrolling in the LIB 495 now, and do so using the Guided Study option. Since I have only taken one class with TESU back in 2011; I am looking for some suggestions on recommended instructors.

Also any easy social science or liberal arts test these days I may not know about. I seem to do well on DSST and straighterline.

I just found an already active thread and Haydel seems to be a good choice.

Current instructors for Nov.

M. Herrera
A. Black
C. Hansen
R. Otto
R. Argen
H. Brown

I just found this and it appears my capstone project or paper can be my choice. So I'm thinking about using my current research project for History, and expand my thesis some. Any major guidelines I should consider?

"On Your Own Terms
In any college degree, there are courses you have to take to fulfill the general education requirements for your degree or area of study. And a capstone project, while relative to your major, allows you to choose your own subject in that discipline. When I was a graduate student studying American History, my capstone project afforded me the opportunity to research a topic that I never solely focused on in any of my courses, but was fascinated by all my life, Abraham Lincoln. "

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - vetvso - 10-04-2018

I would really be interested in knowing what others have written about for their own capstone projects.

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - Johmford - 10-04-2018

PM'ed you some info

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - vetvso - 10-05-2018

Thank you very useful.

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - MSK9 - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 10:42 AM)vetvso Wrote: Thank you very useful.

I had Dr. Otto as my mentor and enjoyed the course. I did my project on something work-related; a subject I had a lot of experience with. I felt this gave me an advantage in regard to knowing what specific things to research, so I would suggest a similar subject-type for you. Also, the papers must be in APA format (6th edition currently, I think). There is a preformatted Microsoft Word template that takes care of it for you; you might consider getting it.

Hope this helps.

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - vetvso - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 12:55 PM)MSK9 Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 10:42 AM)vetvso Wrote: Thank you very useful.

I had Dr. Otto as my mentor and enjoyed the course. I did my project on something work-related; a subject I had a lot of experience with. I felt this gave me an advantage in regard to knowing what specific things to research, so I would suggest a similar subject-type for you. Also, the papers must be in APA format (6th edition currently, I think). There is a preformatted Microsoft Word template that takes care of it for you; you might consider getting it.

Hope this helps.

Yes this does help. I have a research project that I have not submitted, and would like to utilize it, and format it professionally. My goal is to expand my historical research project into a formal thesis later on.

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - vetvso - 11-02-2018

Looks like several of us will be taking Hansen this month. I just got of the phone and should be registered within the last slot. For me 6crds must be taken since I need to be full time through Dec. So SOS-110-OL009 (63968) Living in the Information Age I will also take since it will help me with my online research.

For those of us taking this class now with TESU this is what I have found here and from the TESU forums.

1. Ask for a sample paper
2. Expect it to be 25 pages or more
3. Assuming most of us are with Hansen or another recommended instructor expect our mentor to be involved and helpful.
4. Our paper could be a very good baseline for a MA thesis later if we choose a subject that interests us.

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - Supermind - 11-02-2018

(10-04-2018, 10:51 AM)jjsafari Wrote: PM'ed you some info

Please could you PM me some info too. I hope to be ready for the capstone by March-April next year. But I would like to know what it entails.

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - vetvso - 11-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 10:52 AM)Supermind Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 10:51 AM)jjsafari Wrote: PM'ed you some info

Please could you PM me some info too. I hope to be ready for the capstone by March-April next year. But I would like to know what it entails.

I start the class on Nov 5th and should have some info that week. I'm taking Hansen and am unsure about the book yet.

I'm not sure what happened but I was placed with Dr. Randall E. Otto instead of Hansen.

LIB-495-OL009 (63781) Liberal Arts Capstone
Online Course
R. Otto

RE: TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course - vetvso - 11-03-2018

Looks like we don't have to purchase any textbook, and the ebook seems to be included.