Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
How long to complete SDC Accounting courses? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How long to complete SDC Accounting courses? (/Thread-How-long-to-complete-SDC-Accounting-courses)

How long to complete SDC Accounting courses? - AMRH94 - 11-15-2018

Hello all, 

I realize that there's a lot of variables like prior knowledge, amount of study time, etc. But I was really hoping that someone who's completed any of the Study.com accounting courses could comment on approx. how long they took to complete. I'm working really to hard to have my degree wrapped up by spring of '19 and want to know if its possible to have my six remaining accounting courses plus capstone completed in this time frame.

Thanks!

RE: How long to complete SDC Accounting courses? - Merlin - 11-15-2018

(11-15-2018, 02:52 PM)AMRH94 Wrote: Hello all, 

I realize that there's a lot of variables like prior knowledge, amount of study time, etc. But I was really hoping that someone who's completed any of the Study.com accounting courses could comment on approx. how long they took to complete. I'm working really to hard to have my degree wrapped up by spring of '19 and want to know if its possible to have my six remaining accounting courses plus capstone completed in this time frame.

Thanks!

I only took Accounting I and II (Intro to Financial and Managerial Accounting) via Study.com so I don't know if that is useful to you, but I can say that all the SDC courses are pretty much the same, and the time it takes to get through them is fairly consistent (or was for me) if you're focused and study the same for every course.

We cannot really predict how quickly someone else will be able to get through a course, but I can tell you how things went for me. Content wise I personally struggled a bit more with financial accounting while managerial accounting was much more intuitive. I finished them both back to back in about two weeks, with about 60% of the time focused on financial and 40% on managerial accounting. I have no idea whether the more advanced accounting courses are more challenging or more time consuming or not.

I hope that helps.

RE: How long to complete SDC Accounting courses? - AMRH94 - 11-15-2018

Thanks for the reply, Merlin. As a related question, can anyone advise me on the order to complete the SDC accounting courses in? I'm guessing the following order, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Intermediate Accounting I
Intermediate Accounting II
Applied Managerial
Advanced Accounting
Cost Accounting

RE: How long to complete SDC Accounting courses? - dfrecore - 11-15-2018

I don't think you have to take them in any order. There were plenty of people taking the 3 UL ones before Int I & II came along, so I think you can do them in any order you'd like.

I will say that it really depends on how well you like accounting. I will also say that if you take them all, there is some overlap, so you would benefit from that quite a bit as you got further along.

I also think if you take the Financial Accounting placement test before starting the others, you may get a few things completed right up front.