Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
First Term Free at Walden! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: First Term Free at Walden! (/Thread-First-Term-Free-at-Walden)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - eriehiker - 12-05-2018

I just submitted my second and final essay for the Harvard poetry classes. Whoo Hoo. Not my best essays, but I think it gets the job done. For the heck of it, I logged into the Walden courses last night and did about five quizzes. At least within the early childhood masters, there are an unlimited amount of attempts for the quizzes. I was generally scoring in the eighties, but I retook each of them to reach 100%. It looks like I need to have some kind of meaningful interaction with the professor and then write the papers. I went straight for the leadership classes and I'll work back to the child development classes if I have time. One thing that confused me initially is that there are two different sites that I can login to. There is the general Walden login site and then there is the Tempo site and it took me a little bit to figure that out.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - videogamesrock - 12-06-2018

I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms? They are only awarding me $500 for this term. Has anyone else gotten the full amount?

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - GoodYellowDogs - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 02:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms?  They are only awarding me $500 for this term.  Has anyone else gotten the full amount?

I just got the same invoice.  I sent it back reminding them that I chose the first term free, not the discount by term.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - sanantone - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 02:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms? They are only awarding me $500 for this term. Has anyone else gotten the full amount?

In a couple of my previous posts, I explained that $500 is taken off automatically. Your enrollment advisor should ask you to send an email to him or her so that the request can be forwarded to the bursar's office. After that, it takes a couple of days for the free first term deduction to be applied. My account balance is $0.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - allvia - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 02:54 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 02:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I received an email that the $2000 scholarship is applied over four terms?  They are only awarding me $500 for this term.  Has anyone else gotten the full amount?

In a couple of my previous posts, I explained that $500 is taken off automatically. Your enrollment advisor should ask you to send an email to him or her so that the request can be forwarded to the bursar's office. After that, it takes a couple of days for the free first term deduction to be applied. My account balance is $0.

I had not seen sanantone's original post about this - so when I received the email with only the $500 taken off I replied back to the email (copying my enrollment adviser on it) explaining it was to be a First Term Free offer, not the $2000 grant applied over 4 terms.  It was resolved within a few hours.  I now have a zero balance.

(12-05-2018, 09:16 PM)eriehiker Wrote: One thing that confused me initially is that there are two different sites that I can login to.  There is the general Walden login site and then there is the Tempo site and it took me a little bit to figure that out.

This is exactly what my day one delay was - I totally misread the email that stated to login at the mytempo.walden.edu (for competency based programs) not the MyWalden link found on the Walden.edu page (that is used for traditional students).  I've started to slow down and read everything now Smile

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - ReyMysterioso - 12-06-2018

Does anyone dabbling in the course content so far feel like a whole degree can be completed in one term?

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - GoodYellowDogs - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 05:49 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: Does anyone dabbling in the course content so far feel like a whole degree can be completed in one term?

I'm doing the MHA, not the MBA.   I think it might be doable for someone with a background in Healthcare admin.  However, since Christmas is in two weeks, I've set my sights on two terms so that I don't have to worry.  I'm happy to say that I am actually learning things in the two nights I've been working on it.

The enrollment advisor said the quickest that anyone had done it was 3-4 terms.  I didn't say anything to him, but those of us on this forum, who have the time, knowledge, tenacity, and willingness to dig in will probably be able to do it much faster.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - videogamesrock - 12-06-2018

I just passed my first assessment. The bulk of the questions were identical to the quizzes. Got 83% and it's worth .25 credits. Off to the next one which is worth .5 credits. My goal is to have the first course done by the weekend...we will see. The material is very dry and boring.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - SweetSecret - 12-07-2018

(12-06-2018, 09:16 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: The material is very dry and boring.

Agreed! I caught myself almost dozing off numerous times while trying to read!

So far I have only done the self assessment & reading.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - GoodYellowDogs - 12-07-2018

(12-06-2018, 09:16 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: I just passed my first assessment.  The bulk of the questions were identical to the quizzes.  Got 83% and it's worth .25 credits.  Off to the next one which is worth .5 credits.  My goal is to have the first course done by the weekend...we will see.  The material is very dry and boring.

Good to know - I'm trying to finish by the end of the weekend too.