Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
First Term Free at Walden! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: First Term Free at Walden! (/Thread-First-Term-Free-at-Walden)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - Ideas - 11-30-2018

I began enrolling 24 hours ago and it feels like I'm not close to done.

But not doing the MBA. I plan to pay more elsewhere to get a different MBA concentration.

At Walden, I'm aiming for an $1800 Masters Smile With fees, I guess it will push over $2000. But I need time off after my first term.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - allvia - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 05:56 PM)sanantone Wrote: I would have preferred a concentration in IT/IS or accounting. I've accepted a tax enforcement position and could have used a degree in accounting or taxation, but a general MBA will have some value in moving to the next pay grade. I chose the healthcare management concentration since I'm more interested in that than project management, and I have mental healthcare experience.

Thank you for reminding me that I had nothing to lose by inquiring on this.  I think it is good that we're both doing the MBA but different concentrations - it will likely benefit the forum with both areas being pursued. Now we just need a few others to sign up for the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) and the MS in Early Childhood Studies and we'll have all the competency-based programs offering the First Term Free covered.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - sanantone - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 06:11 PM)Ideas Wrote: I began enrolling 24 hours ago and it feels like I'm not close to done.

But not doing the MBA. I plan to pay more elsewhere to get a different MBA concentration.

At Walden, I'm aiming for an $1800 Masters Smile With fees, I guess it will push over $2000. But I need time off after my first term.

You chose early childhood studies?

(11-30-2018, 06:12 PM)allvia Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 05:56 PM)sanantone Wrote: I would have preferred a concentration in IT/IS or accounting. I've accepted a tax enforcement position and could have used a degree in accounting or taxation, but a general MBA will have some value in moving to the next pay grade. I chose the healthcare management concentration since I'm more interested in that than project management, and I have mental healthcare experience.

Thank you for reminding me that I had nothing to lose by inquiring on this.  I think it is good that we're both doing the MBA but different concentrations - it will likely benefit the forum with both areas being pursued. Now we just need a few others to sign up for the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) and the MS in Early Childhood Studies and we'll have all the competency-based programs offering the First Term Free covered.
I almost chose the MHA until I remembered that having an MBA will allow me to move to a higher pay grade with the government. The MHA does not have a capstone, which I like.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - GoodYellowDogs - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 06:13 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 06:11 PM)Ideas Wrote: I began enrolling 24 hours ago and it feels like I'm not close to done.

You chose early childhood studies?

(11-30-2018, 06:12 PM)allvia Wrote:

I almost chose the MHA until I remembered that having an MBA will allow me to move to a higher pay grade with the government. The MHA does not have a capstone.
Will decide this weekend - but probably going MHA - it's faster for me, as I have 40 years in healthcare.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - Ideas - 11-30-2018

Do the MHA!

Yes, early childhood.

It looks like we have them all covered.

Too bad Walden doesn't have CAHME accreditation. It's not really needed unless you want to join USPHS, though.

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - eriehiker - 11-30-2018

I am doing the early childhood/administration MS. I am hoping to earn enough Ed. Leadership courses to get an administrative certificate. I was accepted this afternoon.

(11-30-2018, 06:24 PM)Ideas Wrote: Do the MHA!

Yes, early childhood.

Which concentration did you choose?

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - natshar - 12-01-2018

Just read through this whole thread... what a bunch of nerds.

(Nerds are the best type of people, especially nerds who like saving money)

RE: First Term Free at Walden! - mysonx3 - 12-01-2018

Threads like this are why I'm convinced that I will someday have an MBA despite having no need/desire for one. But how can I pass up a cheap degree?